i just finished my first 6.0 inj replacement - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i just finished my first 6.0 inj replacement

hey guys just replaced my first injector on my buddies 05, everything went great it had the old style dummy plug and standpipe so i installed new dummy plug and standpipe with the plastic washer and o ring, when i installed i didnt realize i wouldnt be able to get the entire standpipe through the oil rail and down into the head as a whole so i obviously pulled it apart and tried sticking the lower have through the oil rail and into the block but the hvac box wouldnt let me get her done so i massaged the protective cover on the hvac box with a hammer and was able to slide the pipe down through with no hesistation, then i slid the upper part of the standpipe into the lower then threaded them into the oil rail, the rest was smooth sailing, got everything all together removed the fuel psi reg and installed the blue spring reg and new fuel filters, i primed the fuel system and started the truck, it crank for a while but i didnt find it excessive, sounded and runs great no more fault code for injector #3 circuit in the system, no smoke no miss. took down the road about 2 miles round trip and back to my shop, truck never missed a lick, got back let idle for a min, shutdown then restarted and it cranked a bit long but fired right up and run great i did this numerous times but for the most part stays the same. i monitored icp with my mac mentor and it dont really slowly build psi, it more or less cranks then bam his well over 500 psi and starts up good... my question is, do i need to take this thing out and drive it some more to rid the system of air???? only thing else i can think is i f'd up the o rings on the standpipe... i hope not but i dont see why it just in the snap of a finger get icp and fires up i would think if a o ring was cut it would slowly build and start sluggish? keep in mind im a newbie to 6.0 inj replacement. i also took care when installing the oil rail to install a few bolts to guide it before is lightly pushed them down into the injectors and then torqued obviously. please any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
They've been known sometimes to take 30 miles or so to get the air out of the system. Drive er around for a bit and see what happens. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:52 PM

okay thank you ill go give it a beating tomorrow after work and see how things go, hopefully well!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:06 PM

not that anyone may care but i wanted to say that i took the truck on a road test tonight for a while got it up to operating temp, came back to the shop and let sit with the oil hot and restarted an all was well its starting normal! woo hoo! lol just needed to get the air out of the hpop system. fwiw, if anyone does injector replacements on there own they may want to make sure they road test them for a good bit and get to operating temp before they try and restart and jump to high psi oil leak assumptions. i also monitored ect and eot and noticed a huge delta... looks like i will have some more work to do for this customer in a week or two!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Glow Plugs Only

Congrats, glad to see it worked out for you...
Old 02-16-2012, 05:37 PM
International Threat

For future work, the stand pipe will go in there in 2 pieces. I think I read in your first post you figured that out.

Next time you have a space issue on the passenger side, you can remove that cover with 11 screws that are all 8mm. This will allow stud installation in-cab
Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Congrats man!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:49 PM

thanks guys, really have to chalk it up to this forum i cant believe the stuff learn everyday by just browing it any chance it get. this is an awesome place, lets keep it up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.