insight cts and what else? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
insight cts and what else?

im buying the insight cts, my 05 250 with the 6.0 just hit 91,000 and im thanking god i havent had any major mechanical issues yet but i want to monitor it better after getting a little overflow from the degas bottle. happened once, cleaned it, checked coolant levels, hasnt happend since. along with the insight i want to go with either the coolant filter system or the EGR delete. eventually doing both but need to know which one is more ideal to get on the truck first. Need some help deciding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl250sd View Post
im buying the insight cts, my 05 250 with the 6.0 just hit 91,000 and im thanking god i havent had any major mechanical issues yet but i want to monitor it better after getting a little overflow from the degas bottle. happened once, cleaned it, checked coolant levels, hasnt happend since. along with the insight i want to go with either the coolant filter system or the EGR delete. eventually doing both but need to know which one is more ideal to get on the truck first. Need some help deciding.
Anytime you have coolant puking out the degasing tank is not good need to get a coolant filter on ASAP get some gauge like the Edge insight CTS some like the ScanGaugeII harder to use get a fuel pressure gauge under 45lbs at WOT kills injectors need to know the health of the motor.
2 stroker
Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Serving Our Country!

Was wondering about this myself; how much is involved if you really want to get all the crap out of the cooling system? I put one of the kits on my 444 and the first 2 filters were about a pound heavier when changed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.