6.0 Trip Info - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Trip Info

I just made a round trip to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl and I thought I would share my trip info;

2143 mi.
117.7 gal. of fuel
18.2 MPG

The truck run flawless for the entire trip. The miles are total for the trip and include two major traffic tie-ups/reroute and driving around New
Orleans one day, also when I left monday morning we had a 30 mph head/cross wind for the first 500 miles or so. I am quite pleased with the results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Premium Member

We just returned from a trip down to Az and Tx fir the holidays clocked 4800 miles averted 18.5 in the 6.0

Even had a hi of 400 miles with 19.4 and a stretch for 600 averaging 18.8 was pretty nice I just kept her at 70 the whole time.

This included city and highway.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did only 394 miles with 22 gallons for 17.9mpg @ 72-75 mph and was very happy with that. If I had maintained 70 more closely, I would have gotten much better. Overall good numbers.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Premium Member

I will say and it irritates the heck out of me i will rolling steady from UT all the way threw Idaho getting 18.8 at 70, almost instantly passing into OR on 84 my milage started dropping. With in 20 miles i was down to 18.2 and by the time i filled up by the Bend juntion i was down to 17.5. I think OR has a no Diesel milage radar or something..
Old 01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Oregon has a bio mandate. You lose MPG with their fuel. Just like here in WI and MN
Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Good stuff! If I hit the loto this weekend I will be taking mine around the country with a camper. I will keep everyone posted. lol
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
I will say and it irritates the heck out of me i will rolling steady from UT all the way threw Idaho getting 18.8 at 70, almost instantly passing into OR on 84 my milage started dropping. With in 20 miles i was down to 18.2 and by the time i filled up by the Bend juntion i was down to 17.5. I think OR has a no Diesel milage radar or something..
Well, Salt Lake City is at what 4300 ft? And the Oregon line on 84 is 2200 ft elevation. Heck, you were driving down hill all the way the first leg!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM

One tank, New Orleans to almost Louisville;
589 mi.
29 gal.
20.3 MPG

I had to triple check the numbers because I didn't believe them. The fuel was Shell Diesel Supreme, its not available anywhere near me, but I do use exclusively BP Diesel Supreme at home as I have it delivered in bulk.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv View Post
Well, Salt Lake City is at what 4300 ft? And the Oregon line on 84 is 2200 ft elevation. Heck, you were driving down hill all the way the first leg!
Maybe IDK lol but driving trew Idaho seems like a long uphill road even my EGTs were low 700s and threw Cali i was running high 600s and in AZ i was low 600s and thats the best milage LOL. Now shortly after the Oregon line all the way to Pendelton its got plenty of mountains but that normaly averages out with the long down grades shortly after Pendelton.

Also noticed when i left in UT i forgot to put my gill cover on and my milage was 16.5 so i pulled over for a coffee and put it on and the milage went to 18.5 almost instantly. ECT was only 172 with out it as it was 16 degrees, then installed it and engine temp went up to 185.

I can totally see OR running a bio mix and thats messing with my milage because as soon as i fill up out of State my milage always increases.

Is there anything other then Cetain Booster i can add to replenish some of my milage? I know in the winter it drops but only by 1mpg normally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.