Programming question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Programming question

I want to get my FICM programmed by PHP but want to make sure it isnt a waste of money. I would like to roll back to an earlier strategy for better performane and mileage but which one do I choose? I have heard the ECM rollback was a waste, but is the FICM worth the money? Will this hurt my EGR cooler if im not deleted yet? I heard they added all the extra fuel to protect the cooler. Thanks for the help. Dustin Ball
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 AM

TTT I see lots of people who have it done.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I did it on mine before christmas, I will not hurt anything, my truck drives much better, starts fine with temps in the high teens and no inductive heating, not plugged in. MPG went up, throttle respsonse was snappier. I bought an 04 new in january of 04 and this is how I remember it running before the Ford strategy updates. This was the best $ I have ever spent on the truck!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeeper View Post
I did it on mine before christmas, I will not hurt anything, my truck drives much better, starts fine with temps in the high teens and no inductive heating, not plugged in. MPG went up, throttle respsonse was snappier. I bought an 04 new in january of 04 and this is how I remember it running before the Ford strategy updates. This was the best $ I have ever spent on the truck!
Thats good to hear. What is the deal with the inductive heating? You can choose the new heating style, the old heating style or not at all. What is this and what should I get??? Thanks for the help. Dustin
Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can choose the safe induction heating, or no induction heating, with good injectors induction heating is not needed, and, is hard on the FICM. Inductive heating holds the injector close signal for longer than necessary to electrically heat the injectors to mask any injector stiction on cold start, this burns up FICMs, PHP has a safer version of this, or none, 03/04s did not have any inductive heating when new, but Ford added it later and most trucks got reflashed by ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.