Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is it worth it?

714 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  briandv8 
#1 ·
I was talking to a guy I know the other day about our Powerstrokes when he tells me he would sell me his Superchips Cortex programmer for a 150 bucks. He said he only used it once. He said it was to complicated for him. What do you guys think? It looks brand new. Should I pull the trigger on this or is this a bad programmer.:dunno:

#2 ·
I'm not a pro, but a superchips will not be good for your transmission...
SCT w/ custom tunes is the only way to go because it tunes your engine AND transmission together.
Don't waste your money on a Superchips
BTW, it seems that he is selling it because he realized that it is not good, not because "it's too complicated." That sounds funny to me :tard:

#3 ·
The Cortex does tune the tranny. I've had both. SCT canned tunes and Superchips canned tunes are almost identical and I couldnt tell a difference. The only place SCT is better is that you can get customized tunes. Once I got customized tunes, I could tell a huge difference. Superchips has customized tunes as of about 6 months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.