Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

should I sleep tonight? help! please!

970 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  scha0786 
#1 ·
my 2004 350 is sitting in the driveway with distilled water in the cooling system because I am on my final run of distilled before draining and filing with some ec1 coolant. from working with marine blocks I know that water in the block plus cold can equal a cracked block. We are suposed to get a hard freeze tonight here tonight in central Florida and im kinda freaking out! can I drain it completely or should I run it every few hours? or maybe get it real hot before I go to bed? thanks!

#3 ·
Plugging in will only protect the block, not the hoses or the radiator. I would run it several times and avoid letting the coolant temperature reach mid 30s combined with plugging in to extend the time between high-idle runs. This is a technique I used as a Company Commander for my Engineer equipment in Korea during many hard winters with 20 degree below 0F temperatures.

Jonathan

#9 ·
Plugging in will only protect the block, not the hoses or the radiator. I would run it several times and avoid letting the coolant temperature reach mid 30s combined with plugging in to extend the time between high-idle runs. This is a technique I used as a Company Commander for my Engineer equipment in Korea during many hard winters with 20 degree below 0F temperatures.

Jonathan
-20F - 0F hard winters:hehe:

I'm up on the north slope of Alaska right now and thats the high for the day. -60-30F air temp is not uncommon up here, not to mention you throw in a little wind with an area that has no trees for hundreds of miles, hard winter your funny.

Just joking around with ya, anywho pluggin her in and you should be alright

#5 ·
Low of 29 and plugged in.....i bet you won't have any issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.