Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

WOOOOHOOOOO....picking my baby back up today!!!

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  jesilvas 
#1 ·
Finally finished with my truck...had the ford dealer do all the work so it is warrantied. Did all of the usual upgrades with arp studs and oem gaskets, blue spring , egr delete..blah..blah...blah. Now i have to find time to put on my exhaust, gauge and get some tunes, just not enough time in the day. Sure wish they could've put the exhaust on but since it's a turbo back/ cat delete they couldn't do it. considering putting an airdog system on also, can you REALLY tell the difference in it or is it just more of a "piece of mind" kinda thing?

See less See more
#2 ·
Good pics! I wouldn't spend the money on an airdog unless you have confirmed you have low fuel pressure...

#3 ·
Well I guess I can save that money for other things!! :wiggle:

#4 ·
Sounds great, how did you get the dealer to put on aftermarket parts, mine wouldn't do it. How much did they charge ya for the hole she-bang?

#5 ·
I took them all the parts except oil, intake gaskets and filters and it cost me $2200. Don't think that's too bad, but the main thing is it's warrantied by them now...:icon_ford:

#6 ·
Just curious, did they have to do anything special to your heads, I presume they were sent out to a machine shop for a once over? I've heard that dealers sometimes use questionable methods of checking for straight/flat heads, that's why I was wondering.

#7 ·
Wasn't there but they say they sent them off to a machine shop to get checked....:dunno:.
Actually never had a problem with the heads but the egr cooler did fail and i just had them do the head gaskets since they were halfway there.

#8 ·
Awesome!! I know how you feel. I couldn't wait to get mine back, but was definitely worth the wait. The added peace of mind was well worth it. Wait till you get your tunes, you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner. What tunes are you going with?

#10 ·
yes they did, we don't have emissions testing here in indiana but illegal to remove a cat on any vehicle that has one on it.

Awesome!! I know how you feel. I couldn't wait to get mine back, but was definitely worth the wait. The added peace of mind was well worth it. Wait till you get your tunes, you'll wonder why you didnt do it sooner. What tunes are you going with?
i haven't decided which tunes to go with yet, i will be plowing with the truck (if we ever get snow), daily driving and towing a 32 ft. baja and a 26ft. trailer with 4 harleys from time to time......i'm open to suggestions because i really don't know. i've had several diesels but this is the first one that i'm doing things to it, all the others i just left stock.

#13 ·
That's some very nice looking paint work! Congrats on getting the truck back. I know I would be excited to get mine back after getting that much work done to it.

#14 ·
I second the TSD tunes no problems before studs and just to much fun with them .
Truck Source Diesel in Sa Antonio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.