Power Loss & White Smoke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power Loss & White Smoke

I recently have been starting my truck and having excessive white smoke for an extended period of time. Went to jump on highway one day and lost power, wouldn't shift, and white smoke. Got on side street and made it home, and it would shift but had to baby the accelerator. Then it wouldn't start.

Had it worked on it over Christmas with a buddy only to find that it had only 3/4 full oil after I just did an oil change and have never had issues before. Along with this, the FICM needed replaced. Now it runs great and no white smoke.

My question is where did my oil go? Would all the white smoke be the oil burning? I just don't want something to happen again and especially low oil. This is my first diesel, going on 4 years with minimum issues and so far everything that I can figure out. When it comes to this stuff, it is new to me.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2012, 06:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Burning oil would be blue. A lot of white smoke sounds like an EGR issue. Do a search on here you'll find all the info you need. Also check your degas bottle to make sure there isn't oil in it.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by novemberdelta View Post
Burning oil would be blue. A lot of white smoke sounds like an EGR issue. Do a search on here you'll find all the info you need. Also check your degas bottle to make sure there isn't oil in it.
Thanks! I thought EGR too, but the smoke has gone away after replacing FICM. I am just wondering where the 1/4 emptied oil went?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.