ECT VS EOT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ECT VS EOT

Ok here is the deal. I had a 04 f250, Just sold it and Picked Up a 2005 F350 KR dually 6.0. (sweet ride) I hooked up my edge cs gauges and drove it home.

The ect and eot stayed within 9 degrees like my 04 did. (75-80 through the hills north of marble falls tx.) My '04 ex runs 15-21 degrees out normal highway driving. My buddies 04 f250 runs 15-20 degrees out normal highway driving.

Am I just super chill or do I need to pull the other trucks in the shop this eveing and start replacing oil coolers?

P.s. what happened to the economy setting on the cs? was there on 04..05 had performance.

Thanks Guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like your EX and your buddies 04 both need the coolers replaced. Time to start ordering parts...

Also congrats on getting the KR!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRF985 View Post
Sounds like your EX and your buddies 04 both need the coolers replaced. Time to start ordering parts...

Also congrats on getting the KR!
Thanks! I am loving it. Dealership gave me a 1000 mile/ 30 day warranty. I chuckled as I rolled out of the lot saturday morning. 1000 miles came and went last night on the way back in to the house. I was extremely shocked at 17.5mpg out of the beast.

I have been explaining to my buddy that we needed to do the delete and replace the oil cooler. Trying to get him to sign up on here so he can see all my previous post on the issue. As well as the vaults of information supplied by everyone else. I just didnt know what the temps looked like with factory equipment. I got the edge insight cs after I did the delete on my old 04. Sad part is the ex had new coolers installed by ford 15k miles ago under warranty. 7k more miles and the warranty is toast so I will be tearing into it in February.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenson View Post
Thanks! I am loving it. Dealership gave me a 1000 mile/ 30 day warranty. I chuckled as I rolled out of the lot saturday morning. 1000 miles came and went last night on the way back in to the house. I was extremely shocked at 17.5mpg out of the beast.

I have been explaining to my buddy that we needed to do the delete and replace the oil cooler. Trying to get him to sign up on here so he can see all my previous post on the issue. As well as the vaults of information supplied by everyone else. I just didnt know what the temps looked like with factory equipment. I got the edge insight cs after I did the delete on my old 04. Sad part is the ex had new coolers installed by ford 15k miles ago under warranty. 7k more miles and the warranty is toast so I will be tearing into it in February.
Yep, the new truck is good to go temp wise. The EX and the 04 need oil coolers. Suggest a thorough flushing first and installation of a coolant filter as part of the oil cooler replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.