feels like walking into a biker bar with a christmas sweater on - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 11:48 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
feels like walking into a biker bar with a christmas sweater on

let me explain
ive always had a cummins with a six speed.

the opportunity came for me to purchase a 04 king ranch 6.0 to buy and sell for a profit. as life goes, it did not go as planned and had to do major work to it, headgaskets, oil cooler rebuild, egr delete..

then the heads turned to be cracked and deemed garbage.. so i had to buy heads and went with liberator performance 0-ring heads.
as well as arp head studs.. long story short.. after the repairs i did, i have come to fall in love with the 6.0 . i was your typical cummins guy, raggin on any ford. honestly, i can say i find myself driving the ford more, as it is so comfortable, smooth, and the motor.. i cant get over how smooth and how fast it is.. especially with the edge juice cts. i have it on my cummins as well and just cant keep up with the 6.0..

from me, your getting an honest review of both sides.. not long ago i never thought id be on this forum.. and while i know it may not go well to many being that i have both trucks, i feel that as a mechanic, i can offer any tips and help that is asked. i would love to post pictures if anyone would like.
i was also thinking of rebuilding the 5r110 for practice, if anyone is intrested in pictures, write ups etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice to hear an unbiased opinion that has experienced both engines. I'm a strong believer in anything with an engine. I can appreciate all forms. Sounds spot on about the 6.0 feeling smooth and fast and the cummins having a gruntier raunchiness.

As for the transmission, I'd love to see a write up. I will be slowly rebuilding mine in the springtime.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Get custom tuning and that 6.0 will really move
Old 01-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yea that edge juice is childs play, get a real tune and you will be wondering why anyone would buy a standard programmer
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Glad you can like both and not feel to awkward.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:58 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What tunes or power levels are "safe" unstudded and with a stock tranny? Currently running the Hot tune on a Minimaxx.

Shawn
Old 01-02-2012, 11:07 AM

ckyguy68
well i will be doing the transmission as soon as i get my shop completely set up. im trying to work on showing pictures. '
i have a new shop, brand new challenger lift, and some new equipment, and i am looking forward on doing a few things to really help people out with repairs.
the first i believe will be to do a set of ball joints in the front end. they are inexpensive and i think it would give people confidence to do it themselves.
the next would be to do the transmission build. i will be extremely in debt with anything i do to this truck.

makoyle & ryan ronning
your guys trucks are gorgeous.
i chose the edge juice cts because of its ability to watch all the parameters. i would love a stronger tune some day, but i want to make shure every aspect of the truck is secure before throwing her in the flame
Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
MARSOC > Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 359?..365? View Post
first i believe will be to do a set of ball joints in the front end. they are inexpensive
congrats on the new ride.. like said before get some custom tunes and you will see how fast a 6.0L can really be

and ball joints inexpensive

well I guess they are if you don't get the kind I have
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 AM

naja4life
thank you for the welcome!
i believe the balljoints are precision balljoints.
the total cost for the lower and upper was $250. from what i have understood they are sufficient. and through trial and error we will see how they hold up. what tune would you recomend after i mildly do a build on the 5r110?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:47 AM

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...3/IMG_1266.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.