Ford dealer doing wrong? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford dealer doing wrong?

Okay, maybe i dont have a complaint here at all. but i recently purchased a used 2003 ford f250 and i personally have complaints about the dealer that i didnt have at the time of purchase. one complaint i have is i never once mentioned talked about or any sort of getting a loan on the vehicle. i payed straight cash and said that from the beggining. Yet they ran my credit anyways which i never knew about was told about or i never told them too. i found out because i looked at my own credit score and it was on there. and it even lowered my credit score since it was noted on my credit score as a hard inquiry.

Second, the dealer said they needed to perform a safety inspection before selling me the vehicle. i said okay. they said everything was good. but i was looking around the vehicle closely after i got it and i noticed both rear leaf springs have 2 out of the four leafs broken, on both sides. to me that is not safe, if i hadnt noticed it and pulled a trailer and the other two broke, i believe i would have a rather serios problem on my hands. i may be wrong about that, it might not be a big deal if they all broke but i think it would. was the dealer wrong by not disclosing this problem to me?

and finally just to make me feel better if i have a complaint about the above two things, in colorado it is illegall to drive with a cracked windshield if it is in the field of vision. which the cracks are, i obviosly noticed this when driving it and wasnt going to say anything but because of the top two reasons i am not a little upset with this dealer. so bassically is the dealer allowed to sell a vehicle that is not legally able to go on the road?

Sorry about the rant and the questions and i may not have a complaint but to me even if i dont a dealer should be more honest then this. im not even saying they had to replace the springs but just disclose them to me. any one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM

It's common that they will pull your credit and when your credit is pulled it will drop slightly. It will bounce back shortly.

If you saw the cracks in the windshield and didn't say anything then that's on you.

If they are a Ford dealer then I would go back bring up the leaf springs and see if they will fix them. Otherwise you are on your own to fix.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:25 PM

My dealer had to fix my mirrors cause the switch didn't work and it was considered a safty issue.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd at least meet with the sales manager to discuss the springs. My opinion of salesmen and sales managers are that they are slime. You may need to involve the general manager and possibly the service manager in the discussion. In the end it may all be on you and if so, don't let it eat at you, just repair the truck and enjoy it. As far as the inspection prior to sale, the guy looking at the truck just flat out missed the springs, I doubt they were trying to stick it to you.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Premium Member

Actually, I don't believe they have the right to pull your credit report without your authorization. Of course, somewhere in the pile of stuff you signed may be a clause allowing them to do so, but they can't do it without your permission. If you can't find any place where it allowed them to pull it, ask the sales/general manager to show you where you authorized them to do so. If they just say they do it for everyone regardless, you may want to consider making a call to your state AG, and ask them what your particular state law is on this matter (and if they are breaking the law, report them!). Different states have different laws, but I was pretty sure you had to indicate an affirmative to them before legally being able to pull it. And since everything from insurance to loans to employment to god knows what else these days is effected by your credit score, you have to watch and protect it like never before. Which in my opinion is complete BS, but hey, that's the world we live in now. You have to learn to play the game, and it starts by knowing the rules...
Old 01-01-2012, 09:16 PM

For the dealer to sell you a vehicle they have to pull credit regardless of how you pay for it. Its to make sure you are who you say you are and all that happy b.s. in utah thats the law anyway.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:27 PM

broken leaf springs.... never heard of that before. how does that even happen???
Old 01-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red '97 View Post
broken leaf springs.... never heard of that before. how does that even happen???
Usually from overloading. I have seen them before most break at the whole in the center.

Dik
Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandawgK5 View Post
Usually from overloading. I have seen them before most break at the whole in the center.

Dik
Yep, I've broken a few myself...that and when they get lots of miles on them they will fatigue like all metal and eventually give way. I check mine whenever I go under the pickup.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What alha said is correct in Florida, Dealer is not allowed to pull credit report without permission, I would check with your state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.