CAT 6V4511 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CAT 6V4511

Has anyone tried to use this cleaner from CAT.? I understand you put in with antifreeze and run, to clean system out, like 30 days, then drain and flush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

I think this is Caterpillar equivalent of VC-9/Fleetguard Restore Plus or Restore. It is described as preparation for conversion from low-silicate, heavy duty diesel engine coolants. This is 1/2-gallon size. There are other sizes available with different part numbers (e.g., the 1-gallon size is 4C4611).

These cleaners are NOT meant to be mixed with coolant and certainly NOT left in the system for 30-days. Ordinarily you drain coolant, flush with water until clear, add the cleaner and top off with water, operate at temperature for 1-3 hours, flush-flush-flush until clear...

Jonathan
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Just recieved cat 6v4511, this cleaner is designed to clean systems like a combo restore and restore +. It will remove silicate fall out per web site plus rust and scale. Bottle says add to system and run for 30 days or 10,000 miles which ever comes first. Then drain and flush system. This is a cleaner to be used if truck is not to be taken out of service for extended time. 1/2 gallon treats 8 gallons. I want to install my coolant filter first before adding this stull as my deltas have hit 30, after last flush. I did have bad thermostat in doing that flush and may not got high enough temp for restore to work proper. After flush deltas have been climbing, thought about back flushing, to see if that would help. Just triing to limp along til march.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.