How to shut off injectors with Autoenginuity? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 06:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to shut off injectors with Autoenginuity?

I finally bought Autoenginuity with the enhanced Ford package for my truck and I can't seem to figure out how to shut off the injectors individually. I initiate the power balance test and after that, I have no clue what to do. Anybody know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Serving Our Country!

its under the auctuation tab
Old 12-27-2011, 09:20 AM

I found that but what do you do to disable, say cylinder one? Just change the drop menu to disable? It didn't seem to do anything when I did that
Old 12-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

yes, by selecting disable it should shut that injector off. only do one at a time though.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:11 PM

Diablos30, is there any way you could give me a walk through on how to do the power balance test correctly? Last night it passed the buzz test and it didn't seem to make any difference when I'd shut injectors off individually which led me to believe I was doing something wrong. Last night I had a Cylinder No 2 contribution code and then tonight I had a Cylinder No 2 and No 6 contribution code.
I guess I'm just not sure what to look for and I'm not going to have time to talk to someone at Autoenginuity because of their hours.
I'd really appreciate any help you can give me, thanks.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The powerbalance in auto enguinity sucks because there is no way to kill the pcm compensating for the weak injectors. personally I never use the auto engunity power balance.

Go to actuation, kill an injector. When you do this the truck should stumble. Go through and kill each injector, what you are looking for each time you kill an injector the truck stumbles equally. If it seems to not stumble as much that is a weak injector. If you want you can graph rpm and match it up if you want a more "scientific" approach but audbile works just as well.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 AM
Serving Our Country!

yeah i havent found the contribution test to be very helpful. every time i've run one they all looked good to me. the way your describing your problem it doesnt sound like an injector issue. sounds more like a failing ficm. i would have each battery load tested and check ficm voltage with koeo, cranking, and running.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:36 AM

I just had the FICM rebuilt by Swamps to 58V 6 months ago or so. I'll check the batteries again but they had been tested at the same time I put the FICM in and I installed DC Power 190A alternator at the same time. I'm just trying to figure out the occasional "miss" I have at an idle when it's warm. Anything else I can check that could be causing this issue?
Old 12-28-2011, 03:45 AM

Crap! I just started my truck and KOEO my Edge Insight only showed 36V, came up to 43V after it started and soon came up to 48V. I'll test my batteries again when I get back to town tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.