Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Still smoking

686 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Dude Man 
#1 ·
Hi,

So I bought a 05 F350 a couple of months ago. After I bought it I noticed it started smoking. Had the Ford garage run some tests. Found the head gasket was blowing. Replaced head gaskets and heads.

Changed all filters and now am running International ELC coolant.

After everything was done, it still smokes, but not all the time. Would some of the modifications that previous owners did make it do this. Only happens when at idle almost like it is getting too much fuel.
It is a white maybe a bluish white color. Sometimes it may even look grey. Hard to tell.

This truck has stage one turbo on it I was told by previous owner and 4" exhaust.

Would trying to find a stock exhaust with a cat help solve this or what if I would invest in a chip and if so would that help and which one.

There is a ton of money already thrown at this, so I am looking for the most economical option. Besides the smoke I really like this truck.

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
What does the smoke smell like? Sweet like coolant,Oil, or fuel.

#5 ·
Just to throw it out there. Do you know what size injectors it has in it? If they upgraded the turbo they may have put bigger injectors in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.