To buy or not to buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To buy or not to buy?

Hello everyone, I've been looking to buy a pick up for a while now but really didn't want spend tooo much for a new one. Today I found an 06 powerstroke f250 lariat crew cab 4x4 with 33,000 miles on it for around $34,000. It's got a 4" lift on it and some 20" wheels also. Does this seem like a good buy? Is the 6.0 notorious for having many problems? Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Liquormann; 12-20-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 04:24 PM

I bought my 06 F350 with 40K miles on it, 20's and no lift for 28K.

I do all my maintenance so far and the east upgrades and my truck runs great so far. Check the Oasis report on the truck
Old 12-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Don't know where you are located but around here that would be a pretty high price. I looked at several '05s and '06s and all but one or two were under $25K. This was back in Sep when I bought my '04 for $15K. There are deals out there to be had just gotta look around. I have seen 08 and 09 trucks going for that price. Just my .02
Old 12-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info guys. I'm over here in California where everything is too expensive.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquormann View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I'm over here in California where everything is too expensive.
I've always wanted to know, what happens if you have a car/truck from another state and try to bring it into CA? I know that you guys often have special emissions equipment on your vehicles, do they try to make your retrofit it? That I'd think would be crazy expensive, but if not, what would prevent people from just going out of state to buy their cars? I suppose if the prices were similar it would be a bit of a hassle, but as you stated, everything is too expensive out there, so that would be a good incentive to expand your search horizons. Good luck finding a truck you love.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alha View Post
I've always wanted to know, what happens if you have a car/truck from another state and try to bring it into CA? I know that you guys often have special emissions equipment on your vehicles, do they try to make your retrofit it? That I'd think would be crazy expensive, but if not, what would prevent people from just going out of state to buy their cars? I suppose if the prices were similar it would be a bit of a hassle, but as you stated, everything is too expensive out there, so that would be a good incentive to expand your search horizons. Good luck finding a truck you love.
Anything older than 74 is exempt if i remember correctly. I bought a mustang from a guy in Nevada a few years ago but when I went to the DMV here it was a total pain in the a$$. Had to do an inspection to verify all the original smog crap was still on the car and what not.
It's gotten to the point where the fines are HUGE if you're caught without emissions on the vehicle.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe a bit high. I bought my lariat ccsb stock with 38k on the clock at the end of feb of this year and paid $30k for it. I bought it down by Sacramento (Auburn) and I live up by Eureka. It was a nice truck and a fun drive home
Old 12-21-2011, 04:42 PM

Seems awfully steep. I just saw an 09 the other day with about 50 k on it for $31k. I bought my truck a year ago with 110k on it for 15,500. And it had studs, cooler, and egr delete done when I bought it.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
if your planning on spending that much money mine as well start looking at 6.4's
Old 12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I bought my 05 CCLB Harley with 50k on it 3.5 yrs ago for $30k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.