Is this a good buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this a good buy?

So I'm working on a limited budget and wouldn't be able to buy a BD oil cooler for a while after purchasing a truck, but this truck is just what I want. It has decently low miles, and he's had the EGR block off kit installed. He also has the CEL light bypassed so it passes smog Im in CA). He said he's done a couple other mods but not listed when I emailed him. He's had the turbo rebuilt once and a new tranny and oil filter. He says he's never had any problems with it since he's owned it. I think its a good buy, but since my dad has the 04 (egr delete, banks big hoss kit, but rarely drives it (he had to jump it just to start it its been sitting so long), he thinks I'll be in the same boat as him if i buy an 04 6.0) I've been looking for awhile and unless I plan on driving more then 5 hours to get a good truck this one is the closest with the pretty low miles. What do you guys think? Is it a good buy or will it be a money pit? (My dad thinks that since his is usually in the shop) (but when its running smooth he never shuts up about how amazing it is) My dad thinks if i buy this one it'll be spending most of its time in the shop too. What do you guys think? Heres a link to his older ad that has a little more info, and also his current ad. Also what it looked like and what it now looks like. (just new rims)

2004 F250 Fx4

f250 4x4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 PM

Any thoughts guys? Anything is appreciated
Old 12-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I hear you on finding something you like close by. Usually hard to find color and configuration close by with the right options. I would buy it, it looks great and has an expensive lift on it with a new tranny. Never thought I would have an '03 6.0 but here I am telling friends "best powerstroke I've had". The egr is the single largest root of problems on the motor so if yours is already gone that's a big plus. Any rig with 125k is going to need repairs and cost you money at some point, that's just how it is.
My stock 6.0 pulls harder than any of my chipped 7.3's and gets better mpg's while doing so.
The fixes are known on the 6.0 and unless you are going to abuse it I don't think you should be worried about buying it and making the wrong decision.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the input. I see you're from Oregon. I was looking up at some truck up there, found a really nice one up in Canby, but a 10 hr drive just doesnt fit into my schedule. Absolutely phenomenal truck tho. This one is only about a 3.5hr drive for me so its not too bad. Im just wondering what everyone thought as to whether it was good or not. I just found out he has a STC live wire tuner for it, but only has a tranny tune on it. He also has pillar gauges to monitor it all. Exhaust and intake as well. But the suspension kit cost him around $4500 since its the 4 link conversion coilovers. I think I'm gonna buy it. Still a little weary on the 6.0 problems but it seems like a solid buy for the price. Hopefully I'll have it by the new year!! Im gonna run a car fax and Oasis on it tomorrow hopefully and go from there. If anyone has anything else to chime in, please by all means speak on up. Thanks again guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.