LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Low Boost after work done

I have a 2005 Excursion and I just had the motor pulled for HG, studs, EGR delete (bullet Proof Diesel) and oil cooler replacement, and many other replacements/upgrades. I had the turbo replaced with the Garrett Turbo for Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel, GT3788VA, Stage 1, Non-Ball Bearing.

Once everything was put back together the turbo does not spook correctly and will only boos to about 15lbs. The truck fails/aborts on the self test. My mechanic has checked the y-pipe for leaks and we have replaced the VGT solenoid pigtail.

The truck is throwing the following codes. PO1000, PO407 and PO488.

I called my local Ford dealer to inquire about a diagnostic with them. They cannot look at it until after first of the year.

The truck runs great other than the low boost situation. I am about to pull my hair out over this one. Help and recommendations graciously accepted.
post #2 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainman View Post
I have a 2005 Excursion and I just had the motor pulled for HG, studs, EGR delete (bullet Proof Diesel) and oil cooler replacement, and many other replacements/upgrades. I had the turbo replaced with the Garrett Turbo for Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel, GT3788VA, Stage 1, Non-Ball Bearing.

Once everything was put back together the turbo does not spook correctly and will only boos to about 15lbs. The truck fails/aborts on the self test. My mechanic has checked the y-pipe for leaks and we have replaced the VGT solenoid pigtail.

The truck is throwing the following codes. PO1000, PO407 and PO488.

I called my local Ford dealer to inquire about a diagnostic with them. They cannot look at it until after first of the year.

The truck runs great other than the low boost situation. I am about to pull my hair out over this one. Help and recommendations graciously accepted.
I know your mechanic might have told you there were no leaks, but have you checked yourself? If not, check the connection at the EGR/Delete and make sure it does not sound like a vacuum/hiss.

2015 F-450 King Ranch SuperCrew 6.7 FX4
Weathertech Floor Mats, Weathertech Window Vents, Valentine One Radar Hardwired, 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Package w/Factory Fifth Wheel, Upfitters, Line-X, Moonroof, Clearance Lights, Block Heater, DeeZee Low Profile Tool Box, Roll N Lock.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 08:09 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What he said.

06 F250 leveled on 35's, studded, deleted, Innovative, 4" straight pipe, banjos, spring, ccv w/can, elc w/ filter, DVD/sat/nav in dash, kr running boards, bull bar

post #4 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 07:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Stroked7.3
Also Check to make sure your turbo boot isnt damaged or cracked, its a common problem on these trucks. Like everyone else said start it up and listen for a high pitch hissing sound

GHOST RIDER

2006 F350 CCSB
Bully Dog PMT-Gauges Only, AirRaid Intake, 4" Straight Piped w/ 8" Tip
8" Lift, Bilstein 7100s, Dual Stabilizers, 37x13.50 Toyo MTs on 22" XD Black Monsters
08 Tailgate, Upfitter Switch Hi-Idle Mod, High Beam Fog Mod, 6K HID Heads and Fogs, 5% Tint
Pioneer Z2/Z3, Kicker Components, JL JX 360/4, (2) JL 12s, JL JX 1000/1

Soon to come:
SCT w/TDS and SRL Tune
EGR Delete
Custom Traction Bars

post #5 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Also don't forget to check the MAP hose, look for holes or cracks, you can even pull the hose off and clean it out along with making sure the fitting at the intake manifold isn't blocked up with carbon.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ'S,QT,GH,ID. Gryphon FICM tunes, ARP studs,Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,AD2,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,4" turbo back straight pipe,S&Bintake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode