Advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Advice

Hi everyone. I recently purchased my first diesel truck. It is a 2006 F250 King Ranch 4x4 crew cab, currently 155,000 miles. So far I love the truck.
I just got a copy of the oasis report.

It shows new EGR VALVE, EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler at 49,500 miles. Since then nothing else for 100,000 miles. That I know of from the report.

My question is since the parts where replaced already and truck runs great should I do the following anyway:

Head studs
EGR delete
Oil cooler

I know everyone talks about doing this things but I wasnt sure since they were replaced a the dealership.

I have replaced the exhaust with magnaflow 4in turbo back and no cat.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Read this.
Things to consider about owning a 6.0L
Old 12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would only do those if you start seeing something going wrong. Like 15* deltas or other signs of egr problems. I would put a Edge CTS to monitor my trucks essentials or good old fashion mechanical ones. But make sure you monitor EOT ECT fuel pressure and EGT. I would switch out the ford gold if it is in there with CAT-1 rated coolant. Then I would look at throwing on a coolant filter by someone like Sinister on.

Those will help eliminate those issue, and keep the truck running healthy. Use some good synthetic oil in that motor, the 6.0 purrs better with it. Make sure you use Motocraft filters or Racore only (Racore is OEM motorcraft) Make sure you change the oil every 5K and about every 15 on the fuel filters. Use some additive in the oil every once in a while like Rev-x to keep the injectors lubed and happy. Maybe some Opti-lube in the tank to do the same and keep her clean. As well do the Blue spring mod to make sure her fuel pressure is spot on so you do not eat injectors, and while you are doing that change to the 6.4 banjo bolts.

Stuff I mentioned is pretty cheap and all easy DIY stuff. The truck will like it and will end up doing you allot of good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.