Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Blue Spring and other upgrades

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Davey~do 
#1 ·
Just got this truck mot to long ago (All stock), it does have a K&N air system on it and what I’m told it’s not good to have. Should I change it back to the stock air filter or put a different system on it? Would adding the blue spring benefit even if I don’t plan on adding all the performance upgrades? What’s the clicking sound when I turn the key of? The sound runs for about 10 to 15 seconds after I shut it off. I plan on pulling a 26ft 5th wheel with a 16ft boat. I don’t drive like I’m hauling the mail. I take care of my vehicles.
Thanks for the help
Jim
:usa:

#2 · (Edited)
I think most people run the stock air cleaner unless they are building more than 500 HP. Look around opinions vary on that topic.

The blue spring mod is a $60 ish dollor no brainer YES. Think of it as insurance for your much pricer injectors. Look at Tousley Ford 6.0 Powerstroke section.

Not real sure about the sound could be the fuel pump de priming.

Some one is sure to chime in, or you might find it searching around
If your towing you will definetly need some gauges first and foremost. Some type of monitor for ECT/EOT Engine oil and coolant temps and EGTs are your most needy first. Monitors to choose from are many, Edge is popular Scangauge, Do some searching many different to choose from.
:ORG welcome:
Welcome to the world of MODS and maintenace.:haha:

#3 ·
You I would start with getting gauges or a edge CTS. Monitoring is the first and only thing to do. Could save you thousands in repairs, find your deltas are off by more than 15* you can replace the oil cooler and EGR cooler. Find out after the egr lets loose, need head gasket new egr and oil cooler.

If you need a stock intake let me know I have one laying around. Actually have 2 mine and my buddies, he left his here when we changed his.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I have planned on getting gauges after the new year. Not sure what ones I need to get but thinking I’m needing a Fuel pressure, Exhaust temp and oil temp. Is this correct? Should I get the gauges or that T.V screen looking thing? What would be more affordable and reliable?
Thanks for the help

#5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I have planned on getting gauges after the new year. Not sure what ones I need to get but thinking I’m needing a Fuel pressure, Exhaust temp and oil temp. Is this correct? Should I get the gauges or that T.V screen looking thing? What would be more affordable and reliable?
Thanks for the help
If you are going to pull gauges are a must with a pyro yes the TV screen is the best Edge Insight CTS with pyro. A fuel pressure gauge is also a must if you pull with the fuel reg kit because under 45lbs at WOT kills injectors, mine at idle was 50lbs and 44lbs at WOT installed spring now 64lbs at idle and 58lbs WOT just right because i pull a 14k 5er don't want to use my Good Sam. As stated you need to know your ECT-EOT max 15* i think if you are at 10* your coolers are getting plugged

If you get the Edge Insight CTS it's a great tool, get the expandable probe so if you want to add more to it down the line
Edge Inisight CTS
Lot of guys get the ScanGaugeII for me not as good as the Edge because you can not use the pyro a must if you pull
ScanGauge - Trip Computer + Digitial Gauges + ScanTools
2 stroker:ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.