Will Scangauge 2 monitor my injectors? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 06:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will Scangauge 2 monitor my injectors?

I'm getting ready to get either a scangauge 2 or edge insight CTS, for the money I'd definitely rather go with the scangauge 2, but I want to make sure all the major stuff is covered. I researched some earlier threads and I see that the big difference is the ability to monitor EGT's and fuel pressure with the insight, but that requires buying even more accessories for the insight. I think the main things to monitor are ECT vs EOT to monitor my coolers, the FICM, and the injectors right? I'm not trying to push my truck for high HP with tunes or anything, I just want to be able to be proactive and keep my truck healthy. I know it's supposed to be a good idea to let the turbo cool down before shutting off the truck too, do either of the scan tools monitor those temps? Sorry for another post asking about the same 2 monitors, but I've been trying to research both and it's pretty easy to get lost in all the abbreviations, etc. when you're relatively new to the game. Is fuel pressure the main thing to monitor for your injectors, or will the scangauge provide sufficient monitoring?

Also, if I go with the scangauge, are there any other cheaper alternatives for monitoring EGT's, like a gauge mounted on the pillar? If I can get away with the scangauge, my hope is to put the money saved into an EGR delete within the next month.
Thanks for any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If you go with the SG2 you will need a pillar pod set up with gauges for EGT and fuel pressure. I believe there are x-gauges you can program into an SG2 that will let you look at injector performance and a bunch of other stuff. If it has a factory sensor or PID the SG2 will work ,but fuel and lube oil pressure and EGT will need separate gauges.
Google x-gauge for the SG2 and you will find a ton of stuff you can program into it.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:27 PM

Thanks for the help, I'm leaning towards the scangauge I think, and getting an EGR delete very soon. Maybe I'll look into some kind of cheaper options for separate EGT and fuel pressure gauges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.