Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking for advice

753 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nphillips87 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2004 F-250 with some mods on it. It has 225cc injectors, S&B Cold Air Intake, Silver Bullet 64 Turbo, SCT Tuner, and a single stack. I am wondering how hard it will be on the truck to drive it as a daily driver. I drive bout 20 min each way to work. I was wondering if there was any way I could use this to help on the farm pull a few things or would I have to go back to stock on some things. I know about keeping exhaust temps down but I am new to having this many mods on a truck. Hope you guys can help me out.

#3 ·
Chances are with those large injectors and only having one turbo. Pulling anything is going to be very risky. Your egts are going to be through the roof even if you want to pull a light load. As a daily driver it will be laggy but still very drivable.

#4 ·
So if I had a twin turbo set up would that help lower the egt? It also has everything set up for a snow performance kit but I don't know how much that would help or hurt me in the long run. I guess I don't really fully understand how the water injection works or affects the engine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.