SORRY GUYS-Another P2290 code question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SORRY GUYS-Another P2290 code question

I just got back from driving my truck hard on the interstate for about 100 miles, did not pull anything just wanted to run it through its paces (and do a little Christmas shopping). This is the first time I have really been able to run the truck since I had some major work done:
Replaced HPOP
Repaired FICM
Replaced #8 injector
New Alternator
I have cleared the P2290 code but it comes back. Just now I noticed when I shut the truck of I get a short but loud "fsssssst" sound for a split second. Any ideas? Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Check your ICP sensor for oil leaking, or oil soaked wire harness and plug, along with wire chaffed/damage. Also check your oil dip stick, not enough oil in the pan can also cause the code.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Check your ICP sensor for oil leaking, or oil soaked wire harness and plug, along with wire chaffed/damage. Also check your oil dip stick, not enough oil in the pan can also cause the code.
Thx Lilpooh,
Will head and check now.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
Checked:
No oil observed leaking from the ICP sensor
Examination of wiring harnesses did not show any unusual chaffing
Oil level full
Removed ICP sensor connector and cleaned.

Will check out tomorrow on a short trip to see if this clears up. Again my thanks.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:09 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm not calling you out but where are you checking the ICP? On your truck it should be on the back of the motor just behind the turbo. Took me about 3 hours to replace mine. If your getting that code I'm 99% sure your ICP is bad. Do a search on ebay. They are about $60 on there.

On another note, even our founding fathers said, ".....we should not fear our government, our government should fear us."

Last edited by WarChild; 12-12-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I'm not calling you out but where are you checking the ICP? On your truck it should be on the back of the motor just behind the turbo. Took me about 3 hours to replace mine. If your getting that code I'm 99% sure your ICP is bad. Do a search on ebay. They are about $60 on there.

On another note, even our founding fathers said, ".....we should not fear our government, our government should fear us."
Thx WC but by ICP sensor is on the front of the valve cover, passenger side. My IPR is near the back of the engine. ( I did notice somewhere along the line that the heat shield came up missing from the IPR). May go ahead and replace ICP sensor since it is fairly accessible. I had major work done about a month ago (new HPOP, FICM and #8 injector replaced) and am still wondering if "all" of my issues were actually rectified?? About 2 weeks ago, my alternator went out and I realized I was running on batteries until they died and left me beside the road. Not sure if this created some of my problem or not.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 AM

AMEN Brother!!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:52 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiprek View Post
Thx WC but by ICP sensor is on the front of the valve cover, passenger side. My IPR is near the back of the engine. ( I did notice somewhere along the line that the heat shield came up missing from the IPR). May go ahead and replace ICP sensor since it is fairly accessible. I had major work done about a month ago (new HPOP, FICM and #8 injector replaced) and am still wondering if "all" of my issues were actually rectified?? About 2 weeks ago, my alternator went out and I realized I was running on batteries until they died and left me beside the road. Not sure if this created some of my problem or not.
Ahh, your must be a 2004.5. What sucks about that is that you have the EGR cooler that fails. I took my heat shield off. I wouldn't worry too much about that but running on your batteries can mess up not only you injectors but your FICM as well. I would check it.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I use to have my IPR shield off also, until this happened!! Heat from the turbo and y-pipe makes the wire insulation brittle.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 AM
War is the answer!

wow, that looks nasty. But mine has been off for a while now and doesnt look like that. maybe yours was touching something? Idk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
hpop, oil leak, p2290

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.