EGR Valve? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 AM
War is the answer!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
EGR Valve?

So, I have taken out my EGR valve to clean it becouse Im having some issues with it. I get a P0404. I cleaned it with carb and intake cleaner. Do I need to lube it up with something becouse it seems to stick a little when I let it close. I wouldn't think so becouse that would make the soot stick to it. Any ideas besides replacing it...lol Also, people have told me that leaving it unplugges can mess with the fan and VGT. I notice that my truck runes better with it unplugged and my fan isnt electric. Are any of the f350's electric?

04 F350 LB CC FX4

Last edited by WarChild; 12-10-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Matt at Gearhead told me that having it unplugged will make it so the fan will only operate at 33% of the speed that it is supposed to. I am pretty sure the F350's have the same fan as the F250's and yes they are electric (the clutch is). They just look like the old school belt driven fans.

Last edited by thomaslord84; 12-10-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:46 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post
Matt at Gearhead told me that having it unplugged will make it so the fan will only operate at 33% of the speed that it is supposed to. I am pretty sure the F350's have the same fan as the F250's and yes they are electric (the clutch is). They just look like the old school belt driven fans.
Ahh, I see. Thanks!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 AM
War is the answer!

I have been running with it unplugged and can't notice any difference. Towed a load temps were fine. VET cycles the same.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:19 AM

I have also been running with mine unplugged and can't tell the difference but I have only had mine unplugged for about a month. It's not exactly 100 deg this time of year either. Lol. If I notice anything this summer I am going to plug it back in and lay it in the valley til winter. Matt told me that doing that would work just fine as long as it has a circuit threw it.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:25 AM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post
I have also been running with mine unplugged and can't tell the difference but I have only had mine unplugged for about a month. It's not exactly 100 deg this time of year either. Lol. If I notice anything this summer I am going to plug it back in and lay it in the valley til winter. Matt told me that doing that would work just fine as long as it has a circuit threw it.
I have seen that too. I don't feel like paying 200something bucks replacing something I didn't want In there in the first place.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Firefighter Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So unplugging i can drive my truck fine? Mine is messing up the valves in the egr are getting stuck open and making my truck run rough. Unplugging it I hope will work to give me time to save money up to delete it.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockley6.0 View Post
So unplugging i can drive my truck fine? Mine is messing up the valves in the egr are getting stuck open and making my truck run rough. Unplugging it I hope will work to give me time to save money up to delete it.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...egr-valve.html

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...d.php?t=102838
Old 12-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I have seen that too. I don't feel like paying 200something bucks replacing something I didn't want In there in the first place.
Yea I'm in the same boat. When I took mine out I threw it away. That was before I knew about this. Ima go to a junkyard and see if I can find one to have for the summer in case I need it.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
War is the answer!

So far all I have read, to incude your links, is a bunch of someone said someone said stuff. My VGT and temps even while towing all act the same as before when my EGR was plugged in and working fine. VGT cycles and temps stay normal. All this while my egr valve is unplugged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.