Dealer RANT! Ive had enough - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealer RANT! Ive had enough

is there any god dam dealers out there that are honest and not screw the customers? i took my 6 leaker to a "truck only" stealer er dealership in northern jersey (hudson county) for what appeared to be a bed plate leak. they told me it was the rear main. so they drop the trans and change the seal under warranty. i said what the hell im due for a trans service so i pay them to service my trans. 1 week later the same leak is back and they then change the crankcase seal. another week goes by and the leak returns yet again. they drop the trans again and change the rear engine cover. they assured my its not the bed plate seal. 2 weeks go by and the leak returns for the 4th time.

so i took the truck to were i bought it in central jersey. they charge me $25 for the oil dye and tells me they cant find a leak. i told them why there charging my for the dye and not put it under warranty. the service advisors exact words were "oil seapage is perfectly normal and we dont know whats wrong with the truck" he then tells me the tech cleaned the oil leak and return the truck if it leaks again and he'll refund the dye charge. whatever

so 2 weeks go bye again and the same leak returns. as i look underneath more thoroughly the trans is leaking oil everywhere. i took it to a 3rd dealer and they tell me the trans was overfilled by 3.5 quarts, and the the pressure loosened the cooler lines. because this was a "man caused" error, i had to pay to get my trans reserviced. so i call back that truck only dealership and they denied over filling the trans, and that its impossibel to have driven it for so long over filled. the service manager suggested that my atf fluid was topped off at a gas station. im like wtf im calling ford. i then call the general manager and he denied having the trans over filled. he stated he would call me back but never did.

when i picked up my truck i asked the 3rd dealer to give me an abstract of the warranty work from the "truck only stealership". as i looked at the details, under the last visit on the comment logs the tech forgot to cover up their scheme and stated that "oil dye found leaking from bed plate gasket" no where in that parts list abstract do i see a bed plate gasket.

my suspicions were confirmed all along. those lazy scheisters did not want to deal with removing my cab and pulling my motor , so they lied and try to brush up the work. i call ford and they stated theres nothing they can do because its a privatly owned dealership. i called out the customer service rep and told her that ford spends millions on commercial advertisment to take our vehicles to a ford dealership and get serviced by a certified ford tech and its thier moral obligation to hold them accountable when they screw up. again she states theres nothing ford can do.

i did everything i could to properly maintain my truck and get it serviced and this is how ford and thier certain stealerships treat customers. i now still owe $10,000 on the truck and found oil leaking out of my pass side head gasket. my warranty expires in april so the truck is going back to dealer #3 on monday.

moral of the story is my next $55,000 truck wil not be a ford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Premium Member

1) what dealership in nj are you using... was the truck only meadowland ford?
2) what is wrong with your truck? rear main seal or head gasket leak? Ive been on this forum for a long time and have no idea what a bed plate is??
3) dealerships are hit or miss. I know buhler ford in etown is pretty reliable. They work on 6.0s all the time.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Premium Member

When you hear bed plate, think rear main seal. With the 6.0, it's synonomous.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller View Post
1) what dealership in nj are you using... was the truck only meadowland ford?
2) what is wrong with your truck? rear main seal or head gasket leak? Ive been on this forum for a long time and have no idea what a bed plate is??
3) dealerships are hit or miss. I know buhler ford in etown is pretty reliable. They work on 6.0s all the time.

1.)
2.) bedplate is what seals the top half of the block to the lower half
The motor has to be pulled. cc video

3.) the 3rd dealer so far has been straight up. But I'll check those guys out in etown
Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
This isn't the point but Someone asked if oil was leaking from the head gasket. 99 percent of the time the oil is just coming from the back or top of the motor and following the easy path of the head. Oil is LP return going thu the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 12-07-2011, 01:53 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
A failed headgasket will not present with oil leaking on the 6.0. As for the bedplate, basically it's the top portion of the oilpan. It's the aluminum adapter that goes between the block, and the oilpan. The entire engine must be removed to replace this, and apparently his dealership didn't want to deal with such a labor intensive warranty repair.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah, honestly oil doesn't leak from the headgaskets on a 6.0

daz, you beat me to it

Ford's warranty is extremely messed up and it needs a serious reworking in the near future, I'm not justifying what any dealership has done but pretty much any dealer that does diesel right now is under the microscope. We're all being pushed to keep claims down. sorry you haven't had any luck at the dealer, you just need to find a good one

Last edited by sinner6.0L; 12-07-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Motor Head.

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by f350powerstroke View Post
is there any god dam dealers out there that are honest and not screw the customers? i took my 6 leaker to a "truck only" stealer er dealership in northern jersey (hudson county) for what appeared to be a bed plate leak. they told me it was the rear main. so they drop the trans and change the seal under warranty. i said what the hell im due for a trans service so i pay them to service my trans. 1 week later the same leak is back and they then change the crankcase seal. another week goes by and the leak returns yet again. they drop the trans again and change the rear engine cover. they assured my its not the bed plate seal. 2 weeks go by and the leak returns for the 4th time.

so i took the truck to were i bought it in central jersey. they charge me $25 for the oil dye and tells me they cant find a leak. i told them why there charging my for the dye and not put it under warranty. the service advisors exact words were "oil seapage is perfectly normal and we dont know whats wrong with the truck" he then tells me the tech cleaned the oil leak and return the truck if it leaks again and he'll refund the dye charge. whatever

so 2 weeks go bye again and the same leak returns. as i look underneath more thoroughly the trans is leaking oil everywhere. i took it to a 3rd dealer and they tell me the trans was overfilled by 3.5 quarts, and the the pressure loosened the cooler lines. because this was a "man caused" error, i had to pay to get my trans reserviced. so i call back that truck only dealership and they denied over filling the trans, and that its impossibel to have driven it for so long over filled. the service manager suggested that my atf fluid was topped off at a gas station. im like wtf im calling ford. i then call the general manager and he denied having the trans over filled. he stated he would call me back but never did.

when i picked up my truck i asked the 3rd dealer to give me an abstract of the warranty work from the "truck only stealership". as i looked at the details, under the last visit on the comment logs the tech forgot to cover up their scheme and stated that "oil dye found leaking from bed plate gasket" no where in that parts list abstract do i see a bed plate gasket.

my suspicions were confirmed all along. those lazy scheisters did not want to deal with removing my cab and pulling my motor , so they lied and try to brush up the work. i call ford and they stated theres nothing they can do because its a privatly owned dealership. i called out the customer service rep and told her that ford spends millions on commercial advertisment to take our vehicles to a ford dealership and get serviced by a certified ford tech and its thier moral obligation to hold them accountable when they screw up. again she states theres nothing ford can do.

i did everything i could to properly maintain my truck and get it serviced and this is how ford and thier certain stealerships treat customers. i now still owe $10,000 on the truck and found oil leaking out of my pass side head gasket. my warranty expires in april so the truck is going back to dealer #3 on monday.

moral of the story is my next $55,000 truck wil not be a ford.
Hey bro I feel your pain,basically my story is a lil different but took mind in under warranty for oil leak,they put the dye in told me to drive it for 400 miles,took it back in they said it was the rear seal and replaced it.its still leaking and I am almost certain its the bed plate but they didn't want to do all the extra work ,of course I am out of warranty now . That was a few years back before I found this org.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Doesn't matter what brand you go with, you have to stay a step ahead them crafty Devils!!! You might as well stay with Ford!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdillenger View Post
A failed headgasket will not present with oil leaking on the 6.0. As for the bedplate, basically it's the top portion of the oilpan. It's the aluminum adapter that goes between the block, and the oilpan. The entire engine must be removed to replace this, and apparently his dealership didn't want to deal with such a labor intensive warranty repair.
What ever it is , it's leaking from the bottom half of the rear head down towards the oil pan. And I keep getting that phantom leak on the bell housing area/ rear oil pan. ughh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.