Whats my truck worth? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I wanna go fast!!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Whats my truck worth?

Hey guys I'm trying to get a price for my truck and hopefully y'all can help me out. Its a 2007 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Short Bed 6.0. It has 178K miles but only about 20K on the new motor installed by the FORD dealership in January of this year, and about 75K on a new transmission also installed by the dealership about two years ago.

Mods are:
SCT with custom tunes from Matt at gearhead, Snow performance Water/Meth system, Banks intake, Banks 4 inch exhaust with 5 inch tip (straight piped but i have the muffler) , Banks intercooler and boost tubes, CFM+ intake manifold, and an 03 turbo.
I have ARP head studs and a FCDP EGR delete and solid up-pipe but it is NOT installed since the new motor was put in.
Fuel system: Hellmann fuel sump to a SS braided line to the Airdog 165, SS braided lines to the front of both heads and a crossover line in the back of the heads. Also a four gauge pod with Auto Meter boost, trans temp, pyro, and fuel pressure.
Icon 2.5 inch leveling kit with a TEI spacer for a total of 3.5 inches of lift up front and a 5 inch Icon block in the rear with a custom air bag mount and air bags done by TRUCK TOYZ, Icon adjustable track bar, AMP steps, 08 diff cover, and 35x12.50 Pro Comp Xtreme mud terrains.
It has front and rear replacement bumpers and a weather guard low pro toolbox. Turnover gooseneck hitch, Limo tint, and Harley headlights with clear reflectors and stealth bulbs, Retro solutions 5000K HID headlights and LED reverse lights.
Pioneer AVH-P4100 head unit, Rockford speakers in the front and rear, two 10 inch Rockford P1's behind the rear seat, weather tech floor liners, and a rear view camera. Recon smoked mirror lights, tinted brake lights, and a smoked 3rd brake light.
Im sure I'm forgetting something! lol but heres a pic of the truck.

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Java; 12-05-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
unfortunately we never get back what we put in. I would say its worth 30 but you probably won't get that. Unless you can find someone who understands what all you have done and you have receipts to back everything up otherwise you are probably looking at maybe 25 cash value... That's what I'm thinking... I'm anxious to see what others say. Thats just my guess.. Why are you wanting to know? Selling or trading it? Sorry just being nosey haha

Last edited by strokepower; 12-05-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I wanna go fast!!!

I was thinking around 25k also, I LOVE my truck but i took my dads Spartan tuned 6.7 on a road trip last week and i really love his truck. lol The interior of those trucks are badazz, a/c and heated black leather seats and the nav are sweet! Im going to see if i can afford one.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Tell me bout it.. My wife had some fundraiser at school with a local ford dealer and of course they didn't have a 6.7 to "test drive" for the fund raiser but the salesman let me drive back over to the dealership and drive one... HOLY NICE RIDE... I was impressed... Had a lot of get up without being tuned... And the interior is by far the best on the market...
Old 12-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I wanna go fast!!!

Yup they are really nice trucks!!
Old 12-05-2011, 08:30 PM

That bluebooks for $21,000 in very good condition, maybe if you convinced someone to may more because the motor and trans are newer probably not you will have a lot better luck in texas than say someone up here but I dont think you can expect much more IMO. But my truck blue books for $20,000 and thats is no where near what I payed for it In the end its a 6.0L
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
I wanna go fast!!!

I would really like to get over 20k, if it won't sell for more than that I'll keep it. It's paid off and I don't need a new truck. Lol
Old 12-05-2011, 08:48 PM

Ya I feel you man, I bought this truck to keep it for the long haul because its only going to depreciate more and more. Again its just my opinion but I think you would be very lucky to get over 20k diesel is expensive so people are selling them I would wait and maybe even take it to the dealer to see what they would give you on trade, then you could take most of the stuff off to make up some of the money.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 AM

From a buyer's perspective:
I just bought a used 2007 and it took me quite a long time to find the right truck. I think for most buyers all the mods you have is "somebody else's project", at least that is how I viewed it during my search. As an example, I had a hard time finding a nice truck WITHOUT a lift on it. I don't see the point in lifting things higher than I need to in order to load up, but that is my opinion on a singular mod that you have. When you start adding opinions together on every mod you have, it can become very polarizing and take away a lot of potential buyers. I searched specifically for a stock truck. There are many like it, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.........Just my opinion but thought I would chime in as a recent buyer of a 6.0.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:08 AM

I would have to agree with megamuscle here. I was the same way, looking for a truck to keep for the long haul. I thought I'd never own a 6.0, but then came across a deal I couldn't pass up on a super clean 06, completely stock as a rock, and with 119k on it. When I started toying with the idea of a 6.0, i knew I would steer clear of anything that had been tuned, or that had any major mods done to it for the simple fact that I wanted to be the one to do all these things so I knew my truck inside and out. Being a guy who has modified and sold many vehicles throughout my life so far, I know that unfortunately, we will never get out of them what we put into them. I think a fair price to expect for your truck would be in the low 20s to high teens. Even though you have alot of awsome mods and aftermarket goodies, have to look at what the majority of uneducated buyers will be thinking when it comes to the 6.0 and it's reputation, plus with 176k on the clock.

Very nice truck man and I hope you find the right buyer for it!!

2006 F250 Lariat FX4:
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
Blue FPR Spring
Edge Insight CTS
1200rpm High Idle Mod
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
58v Swamps FICM
SCT w/ Matt's SRL Tune
6.4 Banjo Bolts
CCV Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.