What do you think its worth??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What do you think its worth???

Just checking to get a feel on what I should do. Went down to the local Dealer to see what trade in is on my truck for sh!ts and giggles. They told me my truck was worth 4-5,000 max trade in. I thought it would be low but that was surprising. So now I'm just looking to see what you guys think something like this would be worth. The details are below.

Its an 03 F-250 6.0 4x4
The good- 6.5in pro comp lift/trac bars, 5 37in military tires,Tire gate to carry full size spare,17% tint all around, Tow mirrors,original tail gate, 5 light light bar on front,Back rack with 2 lights, Smoked signals and brake lights,Dual 5 inch stacks.

Motor-6.0 studded,egr delete,cold air intake,New injectors,down pipe/exhaust,powermax,HG's,sct/edge,high idle,fog light mod,Dual black miter cut stacks. Have air dog waiting to be installed along with fuel pressure/EGT/Boost gauge Pillar pod.

The bad-little rust bubble above tire on rear,car corner,Down pipe rubs but I have brand new one waiting to be installed, ABS light is on because of the over sized tires at the moment, Air bag light is on because of bulb behind cd player is burned out-according to a genesis.

Inside-Cloth interior,cd player,center console removed for 2 10's/still have console,Seats have covers on/under they look great.

It has its normal wear and tear. Its an 03 with 198,000 on it and starts and runs great. Also have auto start in it as well.
I'll try to get some pics up in a bit but I'm just curious to see what others have for opinions.The truck is white in color.

Thanks for any replys. May be interested in trades or selling at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Got to remember that they are only going to offer 50-70% of what they think they can get for it. Given all the visible modifications, they probably don't think they can sell it on their lot. Unless the dealer is a big truck sales and service dealer (as opposed to cars and whatnot), chances are pretty good that it'll end up going to the local or regional auction. We all remember the adage that modifications have little, if any resale value, especially to a dealer. I'd try to get between 12-14k in a private sale, especially with that high of mileage. I don't know what your local market its like, but in central Massachusetts, I'd bet to see your truck for between 14-17k on a used lot, 15-18k at a Ford dealer, and 10-13k private sale. Not trying to hurt feelings, but that would be my opinion. What are you looking at replacing it with?
Old 12-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselmac99 View Post
Got to remember that they are only going to offer 50-70% of what they think they can get for it. Given all the visible modifications, they probably don't think they can sell it on their lot. Unless the dealer is a big truck sales and service dealer (as opposed to cars and whatnot), chances are pretty good that it'll end up going to the local or regional auction. We all remember the adage that modifications have little, if any resale value, especially to a dealer. I'd try to get between 12-14k in a private sale, especially with that high of mileage. I don't know what your local market its like, but in central Massachusetts, I'd bet to see your truck for between 14-17k on a used lot, 15-18k at a Ford dealer, and 10-13k private sale. Not trying to hurt feelings, but that would be my opinion. What are you looking at replacing it with?
Yeah I know they weren't going to offer what I wanted but it was worth the laugh to see what they said.
Thats not hurting my feelings at all. Thats about where I was thinking it'd be. I'm just seeing if I'd be in the right area.
I'm getting kind of bored with the truck and need to make get a work truck for pulling and plowing. The lift took me out of the big leagues for plowing. Still pulls like a mule though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.