cb antennas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
cb antennas

Thinking about putting the cb in my 03. A bunch of my friends have them in there trucks and jeeps. Wondering where you guys mounted your antennas and could show off some pics to help me decide. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 03:36 PM

I also have a OBS standard cab non diesel that im building into a trail truck so you guys can share your pics also. Definitely one going in that.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Old 12-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
On my last truck I had a set of duals mounted on each side of my diamond plate tool box. Just get the mirror mount based anntenna and it should mount flush with the sides of the box, well the side that has the antenna screw mount on it since it comes as a two piece. You really don't need the back piece for anything doing it that way. Just get the antenna straigt and level on the side of the box and then drill out the four holes and bolt in place, then run the wire around the small gap in the front of the tool box between it and the bed. Fords have that rubber knockout in the front corners of the bed, just cut a small hole and run the wire through there and there should be a cab air vent around the same area on the back of the cab to run the CB wire through that to get inside the cab... at least thats how I did it on my 02 F250. I just bought an 05 F350 and have not did this yet.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilfarmrboy View Post
On my last truck I had a set of duals mounted on each side of my diamond plate tool box. Just get the mirror mount based anntenna and it should mount flush with the sides of the box, well the side that has the antenna screw mount on it since it comes as a two piece. You really don't need the back piece for anything doing it that way. Just get the antenna straigt and level on the side of the box and then drill out the four holes and bolt in place, then run the wire around the small gap in the front of the tool box between it and the bed. Fords have that rubber knockout in the front corners of the bed, just cut a small hole and run the wire through there and there should be a cab air vent around the same area on the back of the cab to run the CB wire through that to get inside the cab... at least thats how I did it on my 02 F250. I just bought an 05 F350 and have not did this yet.
That was my original plan of attack but i thought i would check out some different options, I dont want ridiculous whip antennas or anything. The cleaner i can install it the happier i will be. This way seems to be the cleanest way on my 03 anyways
Old 12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I run a Wilson 500 mag mount centered on the top of the truck. Talks great with my RCI 2950.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:49 PM

I can say it worked great for me. I bought the antenna's from the local radio shack and after the install they never gave me a minutes worth of trouble, as long as you keep the height down on them. If you get a really high set they can get caught in the automatic car washers (don't ask me how I know this lol) The ones I went with on the 02 just made it past the top of the cab about 6 to 8 inches. I mounted the CB under the center lower part of my dash and the wire ran down the center under the seats out to the back. On the back wall of the cab the plastic liner is held in place by clips, just pop it off and run the wire through the back cab vent. Just make sure to leave some slack here so when you put the plastic back wall liner back on the wire can slip under the lip of the liner without affecting how it snaps back in place except for the small bulge where the wire comes out at.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:53 PM

Also by using the mirror mount style brackets, when you use them on your toolbox they stick out far enough as to not interfere with your toolbox lid in anyway.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Here's mine:

I ran the wire down the stake pocket on both sides. Only the driver's side is hooked to anything. Then I drilled a hole in the bottom of the cab for the wire.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:29 AM
Premium Member

Good thread for more input.

Master CB thread

And a very nice "factory" looking install and write up.

2004 F250 CB Antenna Install .: Articles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.