Turbo Vanes Sticking??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Turbo Vanes Sticking???

My truck has been sitting ALOT in the past 6 months. Ive run maybe 3 tanks of fuel through it mostly on short trips in the past 6 months, that being said i am pretty hard on it when i do drive it. I jumped in it tonight and it wouldnt build more than 25 PSI on my SRL+ Tune. It turbo farts when it shifts, when i accelerate hard or when i try to build any amount of boost over about 20. I noticed it has turbo farted in the past when it shifts and just figured it would come out of it by driving it but it has gotten much worse. Do i need to pull and clean the turbo???
Thanks
Bryan

The truck is an 03 6.0 auto BTW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Firefighter Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes on needing to clean....mine hasn't been sitting but I know it needs cleaning.....but forsure you need to clean it.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM

i was thinking it needed cleaned before i parked it, i think the sitting was the straw that broke the camels back per say.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:26 PM

I just bought my truck and mine was doing the exact same thing. I pulled my egr valve and checked that because it was the easiest thing to do and it was nasty. I ran to the dollar store and spent $5 on a can of carb clean and pack of wire brushes and a half hour later I was back running. Feels like a completely different truck now. I figure if I have any more issues in the future I will clean the turbo or check the egr valve again. Don't go tearing into a major project like pulling the trubo when it could be something alot easier. Hope that helps, here is what mine looked like before I cleaned it.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 PM

i have an egr delete so i doubt it is that, thanks though

I returned the truck to the stock tune and it runs pretty good, i can hardly get it to turbo fart, but it does seem a little laggy from a stop, but it has been almost a year since driving on the stock tune so maybe its just me??? I have a hard time believing that the tune is the problem since i have been running the same tune for almost a year now with absolutely zero issues. any input???
Thanks
Old 11-29-2011, 10:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clean it and replace the unison ring why you are in there. Also might as well get new turbo hardware and updated drain tube and supply line. I just did this plus put the 6.4 banjos on and the new fuel bowl and blue spring mod. Have fun it is pretty easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.