Need some Rubber Soon....275/65/20 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nrmedic2008
Need some Rubber Soon....275/65/20

I have search the forums on replacements but have not got any answers in regards to the factory 275/65/20's. I have a 2007 F-250 CC SB Fx4, I'm currently running the factory Goodyear AT/S 275/65/20's but have only gotten around 25k on them and they are shot. They do not go in the snow that well and they are starting to spin with me on wet pavement. I tow maybe once or twice a month and looking at something that goes good on all surfaces, but something I will not need to replace in a year. I like the Nitto Terra Grappler and the Dura Grappler. I try not to go on a muddy road often, but am forced on some back country roads every now and then due to being a firefighter and 1st Responder in a rural mountainous area. Most of the driving I do is on the highway and dirt roads. Are there much difference in the two in regards to mileage? Any other tire choices would be greatly appreciated....Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Look into the Goodyear Duratrac, these tires are absolutely awesome. Stock like quiet on the highway, unstoppable in the snow and pretty decent in the mud and off road.

All three of our trucks have them, Dads even getting them for his jeep. Convinced at least 5 people off hand to buy these tires and they couldnt be happier.

I'd steer clear of those Nittos
Old 11-29-2011, 05:06 AM

I've had Nitto's and liked their performance, just make sure you rotate them and you will be happy. The price compared to the Goodyear Duratec's will save you $50-60 per tire
Old 11-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Nitto terra's suck in the snow and the mud. I had a set and will never run another. I am currently running 295/65 /20 Trail Grapplers and am much happier with them. I haven't had the chance to use them in any real snow but I'm sure they'll be better than the terra's were.

Next time maybe I'll try the Duratrac's as I've seen nothing but awesome reviews on them.

Last edited by PGreenSVT; 11-29-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
Duratracs!!! Their quieter then the BFG all terrains I had. And ride a lot better. Oh yea and their cheaper. I havnt had them in snow yet. I've put about 10k on them and doping great

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.