How to get SCT x3 to read eot vs ect - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How to get SCT x3 to read eot vs ect

I dont know if this has been covered on here but i just got done doing it, hope it helps someone;
first update the driver for the x3 (easy to follow steps on SCT's website), then download Live Link from the website as well (version 6.5 is what i have)

Once you have Live Link open as well as the SCT hooked up to PC via USB click on commands (on gray colored bar along with stuff like file, view etc)

Then click on Configure Datalog Items for strategy....this will bring up a box prompting you to enter the trucks strategy (mine is VXCF1D6), enter it then press OK

it will pop up a list of areas to choose from....click on enviroment.....choose eng oil temp, eng coolant temp....along with any other items you wish to monitor.

with my strategy there were over 1000 different parameters to choose from so pick the ones you want.....not sure how many it can monitor at once.

Once you choose your parameters (at least eot and ect) click OK

Then click on File at the top and choose Add Datalog setup to X3/Livewire
....You now have the new datalog on your tuner.

Somewhere in those steps it ask you to name the file (cant remember exactly where but give it a name)

Plug SCT into the truck and go to setup new datalog and choose the file that you named....and now you can see if your oil cooler is trash!

I updated the firmware prior to doing this, not sure if it is needed or not

Hope this helps someone, I have analog gauges and kept borrowing my buddies CTS to check deltas, now i dont have to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 10:43 AM

nobody else has done this?????? most people on here have the sct i thought....good info!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM

I don't even know what this thing looks like, but from all my reading I get the impression people are buying a ScanGauge or Insight to do this even though they have the SCT. If I'm reading it right. You may have something there.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Its good info, the first day you posted it, I saved it to my subscriptions for the new members. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahoser View Post
I don't even know what this thing looks like, but from all my reading I get the impression people are buying a ScanGauge or Insight to do this even though they have the SCT. If I'm reading it right. You may have something there.
The SCT don't come programmed to read EOT, so you need to set it up using the Livelink software.

The issue is, the read out is small and hard to keep an eye on with the X-3/SF3 while driving down the road. It's a cheap/easy way to check your ECT/EOT delta if you already own a SCT.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:34 PM

I use my sct to read eot and ect...when I need to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.