What questions should I be asking? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What questions should I be asking?

Good evening,

I have a different truck I am looking at now. 6.0 King Ranch 2003 crew cab for 14,500 . It has 149K miles. Besides the normal is there anything wrong with the truck questions, is there anything specific I should be asking? I appreciate ya'lls help.

-J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 05:41 AM

There isn't much to ask the owner other than getting maintenance records, as these trucks die without it being done religiously. Next I would check all fluids for level and pay close attention to the coolant, as that is the underlying problem with the 6L. Or at least where it starts. Next buy a scanguage 2 or a edge Insight, which is the single most important part of any 6.0. You need to watch and monitor your trucks health and it will allow you to see the state of that King Ranch's health. Take it for a good long rip on the highway. When its up to operating temp look at the ECT and EOT they shouldn't be any more than 15 degrees apart, the closer to no difference the healthier the oil cooler is. Also grab the vin number and take it to your local ford dealer and get an OASIS report on it. This will give you all the info on what was done to it when it had warranty. 03's were the first generation of these engines and were plagued with most of the issues so just pay close attention to it. It is a machine so you can generally tell if they have been taken care of.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

What is the ECT and the EOT? I have not been inside a F250 are these gauges that are inside the cab? What do they moniter?
Old 11-27-2011, 05:48 PM

Engine Coolant Temp
Engine Oil Temp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.