WOO HOO it,s all done - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up WOO HOO it,s all done

I got my IPR EGR delete n stock oil cooler late Friday afternoon! Had the top end all torn apart n cleaned up already,pulled the HPOP to do a STC upgrade but it was already done(or do 05 6.0s come with it?)so just pulled the cover n resealed that .Also changed the screen ,o-rings on the IPR and a new updated turbo drain tube while i was there.

I want to thank who ever it was that posted a link to seniormastertech on youtube,had all the info and specs i would ever need ,plus he lays it out fairly well on how tho do everything.

I also want to thank Vince at IPR on a outstanding product,quick friendly service,and a price that is damn hard to beat .I did a lot of research before buying a kit and the parts he produce looked and performed outstandingly.The stock style 1 inch thick flange and quality of welds was the selling point for me .( I am nuclear grade 6-g high pressure pipe welder for Siemens with over 30 yrs of welding and fabrication under my belt)

You can tell by the seat of your pants that spool up is quicker,throttle response improved a lot ,and the MPGs took a nice jump.

This was a weekend job that was well worth the piece of mind ,just grab your nuts n get in there!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Good to hear that you were able to tackle the project yourself. About how many hours did you have into it.? I am thinking of purchasing a 6.0 and would be doing all the same upgrades that you completed.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ford never installed the one-piece STC fitting replacement in any engine off of the assembly line (unless it was in 08 or up on the E-series).
Old 11-24-2011, 05:22 PM

To be honest I piddled around when I did it,if I had to bang it out I would say if you have any mechanical skill at all you could do it in a day.I took my time cleaning the intake with a bottle brush and did the oil cooler housing in the kitchen sink!

Then again you could get hold of Benny Gooding there in Emment or Yale and he would know some one to do you a good job.

Do me a favor n run over to Lapeer n kick my wife in the *** would ya?
Old 11-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Glad to see you went with the stock oil cooler and not their hi flow unit because that's a POS.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 PM

I concur %100 on that statement.
The stock cooler is only a temporary fix till I install a external air to fluid cooler.Talked to Vince and he said he will have one on the market soon,just waiting to see what kind of set up it will be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.