Traded my 7.3 for a 6.0 have some questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Traded my 7.3 for a 6.0 have some questions

Hello all. Ive been a 7.3 owner for the past few years and am now a 6.0 owner. The truck is an 04 98k miles auto bone stock. The truck is strong no signs of the typical dreaded 6.0 problems. The first thing I want to do is monitor the thing. The edge insight cts looks pretty slick being all in one but does it monitor everything like boost, egt, fuel press, trans temp, ect? I dont want a bunch of gauges if I dont have to but worse would be spending the money on the edge then having to add gauges.

She is losing the kitty and muffler this week and hopefully a full chemical coolant flush with that fancy CAT coolant you all are raving about.. If I have a full free day. Any suggestions are greatly apriciated. Thanks! and heres some pics because I know someone will ask..

And since someone else will ask too, it must have been due for alot when traded in, last friday at the dealer it got all new ball joints, tie rod ends, stabalizer links, alignment, all pads and rotors, 4 new tires, 2 motorcraft batteries, oil change, air filter, and new wiper blades. even after all thet i got it for 17k out the door.

Last edited by colinmitchell111; 11-22-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When the time comes for your next oil change I would switch to a 5W-40 synthetic a lot of people use Rotella T6, or something similar. Besides that looks like you are on the right track, enjoy the new truck!
Old 11-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
CTS is capable of monitoring all of the above with the EAS EGT probe and the fuel pressure kit.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:08 AM

thanks. i think the edge might be the way to go.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Ive had mine over a year now. Love it.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:16 PM

I have another questions, being that basically everything on my front end is new, I have this werid sound when I go over bumps and rail crossings. The best way to discribe it is like someone with a tac hammer lightly taping on my floor when i go over a bump. I want to say ball joint but they are all new. maybe a wheel bearing?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmitchell111 View Post
I have another questions, being that basically everything on my front end is new, I have this werid sound when I go over bumps and rail crossings. The best way to discribe it is like someone with a tac hammer lightly taping on my floor when i go over a bump. I want to say ball joint but they are all new. maybe a wheel bearing?
Check your sway bar bushings and drop links. Also check your carrier bearing.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
Don't know what Area your in but here 17k is on the high side. I do like the look of the 99-04s. My uncle just got a 06 reg cab long bed with 105k for 14k. He's a hardcore 7.3 guy I told him about the scan gauge and the coolant and the temps are about 7 degrees apart and the power and fuel economy are much better.

Being from oh And having the front end done I would say it was probably a plow truck
Old 11-23-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman02232 View Post
Don't know what Area your in but here 17k is on the high side. I do like the look of the 99-04s. My uncle just got a 06 reg cab long bed with 105k for 14k. He's a hardcore 7.3 guy I told him about the scan gauge and the coolant and the temps are about 7 degrees apart and the power and fuel economy are much better.

Being from oh And having the front end done I would say it was probably a plow truck
Prices here are much higher. I've been in the market for a while and this is a 20-23k truck in this area. There are no signs of a plow on this truck in fact I could probably guarantee it, plow mounts are obvious plus it would be all beat and rusted if it was a plow truck. Plus you make no sense by thinking it needed front end work because it had a plow. It's a 100k mile truck everybody knows ball joints on these trucks are only good for 50-70k miles.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:39 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not my cup of Joe, but its nice. 17K is about regular price. I can get a 08 6.4 superduty for 12k (XL model) plus i dont like the shortie short- trucks.

but enjoy it, and take care of it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.