long trip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
long trip

I just Got back from a 3,100 mile trip with my 06 f350 dually and it didnt brake woohoo. The last time i took my truck on a long trip i went too cleveland,Oh and back home too Des moines Ia That was a out and back trip in 24hrs with my 26ft enclosed trailer about 30 miles east of Des moines the heads decided they didnt want too stay sealed anymore. so i went threw the engine and put it back together and it ran great i had about 5k on it and now have about 8k on it on my way home the water pump started too leak no biggy. iIhave a sct programer and i had it set on the performance tune and got 17mpg 1 tank 18 another 16 andthe worst was 13.3 mountain driving. I wasnt towing anything i have a topper on it the only reason we took the truck was were picking up stuff from the girlfriends parents. On the long ride home i was thinking about changing my gears agian thinking maybe it has a little more in it. The truck has 4.10s ive been thinking about doing 3.55s i wonder how it would pull with 3.55s any input would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That is sad you have to celebrate the fact your truck didnt break on a 3k trip. Might consider your priorities and start to spend money on "reliabitlity mods" vs performance. My engine only has a slight towing tune, and I have towed a 20k trailer 10k miles(AK to NM) miles on just one trip, never even considered that my truck would have issues, because it has never has. But then again im not running a performance tune, and have added bypass filters and done all the required maintaince and more.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

/

I really havent focused performance. I had too go threw the engine and I did
new rings bearings all new gaskets and seals. Black diamond head gaskets arp head studs, egr delete kit new oil cooler Bg super duty oil. The truck has been running good but you never know when the next big repair will be.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have 373's in my truck and would love to trade for your 410s. Where are you located? We could switch the differentials out here!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Im located in Des moines Ia. ive been thinking about coming back too philly for xmas with the in laws. my diffs have 156,000 miles i checked the fluid levels before i left and the fluid looked good and the drain plug was clean. we could also do the swap out here. I work at a ford dealer and have access to 24/7 we could do the swap on a hoist. I wish would have known there was sombody out there that wanted too swap we could have done them last week. what kinda rpms does it turn at 65,70and 75 mph. mine turns 2,100 at 65 2,250 at 70and 2,500 at 75. my cell is 515 401 7122 luke.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:41 PM

If you come back to philly for xmas, we can swap at my place-I have a lift and a full shop at my disposal. The mileage on your diffs doesn't matter to me as long as they're in good shape. Mine have around 50k on the gears and bearings (I had 456's at one point, then went back to 373s-bought all new gears/bearings and did the install myself).

My truck has 40's on it, and at 65 turns roughly 1300rpm. Entirely too low. 410s are a good compromise for me. Send me an email

dazdillenger84@gmail.com

Lets talk!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdillenger View Post
If you come back to philly for xmas, we can swap at my place-I have a lift and a full shop at my disposal. The mileage on your diffs doesn't matter to me as long as they're in good shape. Mine have around 50k on the gears and bearings (I had 456's at one point, then went back to 373s-bought all new gears/bearings and did the install myself).

My truck has 40's on it, and at 65 turns roughly 1300rpm. Entirely too low. 410s are a good compromise for me. Send me an email

dazdillenger84@gmail.com

Lets talk!

You just aren't going fast enough. Seriously most guys with 40's like 4.56's. Whatever made you think 3.73's would be a good gear choice for 40's?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:45 PM

I had 456's, was planning on ditching the lift, so in preparation I regeared. Decided against it, and liked the 373s for cruising unloaded. I can still get 17-18 on the highway at 75!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.