insight question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
insight question

Well it's insight time, I want to keep the factory grab handle on the driver A pillar. You guys who already have them installed did you have to get rid of your handle? Also is there an over the rear view mirror option? I see there is one made for the attitude, if i get that and the mounting plate for the insight will it work?

View Images of Edge Mount Pods

The goal is to use it as a monitor only, no power mods to my truck just pulling to the trailer and it does fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 12:09 PM

I have been debating where I am going to put mine also once I get it and I am leaning towards the A-pillar mount. I have seen a few pictures and it looks good. I'll see if I have them saved somewhere and post later if i find them.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 PM

I mounted mine in a fairly unique position. My truck didn't come with the electronic trailer brakes or upfitter switches. It just had a "storage tray" and i routed the wires through the back and with velcro, mounted my insight there. it's a perfect fit for the CS model, not so much for the CTS though.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson41 View Post
Well it's insight time, I want to keep the factory grab handle on the driver A pillar. You guys who already have them installed did you have to get rid of your handle? Also is there an over the rear view mirror option? I see there is one made for the attitude, if i get that and the mounting plate for the insight will it work?

View Images of Edge Mount Pods

The goal is to use it as a monitor only, no power mods to my truck just pulling to the trailer and it does fine.
That is how I have mine setup, and you can also see the brake controller. One thing I did was to unscrew the OBD2 harness from the lower mount and relocated it behind the dash. It is very easy to hit it with boots on or regular shoes for that matter. You can see the thick black wire running down the dash that mates up with the brake controller wiring, but a couple of them belong to the Ipod stashed behind the CS in the storage bin.

You could easily fit a CTS on the type of mount that I have and it does not obstruct anything. Also, I have less chances of glare and the screen is easy to read from the driver's seat.

Last edited by mmm635; 11-21-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.