Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High Pressure Oil System Questions

783 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  NSCHUMAN 
#1 ·
so in the past months i have done a ton of research and this site has been a huge help i purchased a 2004 f250 4x4 cc with a 6.0 in it back in may i bought it knowing it had a cracked head i am now starting to tear the truck down and have came up with a lower mileage engine from an 07 that also has a cracked head my plan is to use the short block from the 07 i have already got a set of heads that have been reconditioned my question is can i use the hpop from the 07 and if so what do i need to change my truck has an 03 build engine it with the log rails and the icp is located back on the hpop cover where as the 07 engine has the wavy rails with icp located on the vavle cover any addvice or tips would be great i appericiate the help in advance thanks a bunch

#2 ·
Use the 07 branch tubes, stand pipes, and oil rails. You'll need a late model passenger side valve cover for the ICP and the Glow Pug Control Module mounts differently.

#4 ·
im pretty sure you will need to have the ficm reprogrammed but make sure you check the voltage on it first before wasting the money on a reprogram

#5 ·
Is the ICP on the valvecover, or on the hpop cover? If it is on the VC, no extending will be needed. In order to use the 07 hpop, you need to use the 07 branch tube, HP oil rails, and standpipes. Very simple to do with the engine apart, impossible if you have it assembled/in the truck. Smart time to upgrade. As for reprogramming the FICM, it isn't necessary. Sure, you would get the newest flash, but all 6.0 ficm's are interchangable with all years.

#6 ·
the engine that is coming out of the truck is an 03 so it has the icp located in the hpop cover so to run the 07 engine and hpo system i just need to lengthen the plug on the harness can u guys think of any other problems or issues that i might run into putting this 07 engine in a 04 truck i plan on studding it and doing a egr delete i think it would be dumb not to while im in there

#7 · (Edited)
The 07 front cover is different-so make sure if you use it to use an 07 radiator hose (lower). The 05-up uses a larger waterpump as well, so it is better to use the newer parts.

Basically if you use the 07 front cover, you need to use the 07 waterpump and lower radiator hose. Some EBP sensors were also mounted slightly differently, so make sure to mock it all up before final assembly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.