Confused - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 06:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Confused

I have been wanting a diesel for some time. I've spent a lot of time on this forum learning what to look for, what the problems are with the 6.0 and what to do about problems. I had decided on an 07, cc, 4wd. My problem is that I would only be able to drive a truck an average of 2 or 3 days a week, some short trips, 15 mi. one way, some longer, 100+ miles one way. I tow an 8000 lb 5th wheel, maybe 4 or 5 times a year. If I get a "new" truck, I expect to keep it 10 yrs. or more. I would put 12 to 15k miles a year on it. I have searched for posts on how many miles typically expected out of a 6.0, but have not been able to find anything. A want a used 07 with close to 100k miles and I need it to go 250-300k. I understand the need for regular and timely maintenance and would try to do any work myself. (done a lot of gasser work) So, am I safe with a 6.0 under the above conditons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Yeah they can go that far with the proper maintenance. I've seen some with that many miles on them.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
There are a few local businesses around me that go through trucks like crazy. They still have a few 7.3 with close to 500. And their 6.0s are now creaping past the 200 mark. Even have a 6.4 with 200k (everyone wanted to drive that when it came out). Now they are onto the 6.7 trucks.

Back to the point. The only issues they are having with their 6.0s are a few turbos. But they are heavy trucks and some plow trucks. Many different people getting in and most likly just shutting off hot.

They havent had major 6.0 issues. If they did, I have a feeling I would end up with the issue in my drive way..... lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.