8" lift on an 05 CCSB - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
8" lift on an 05 CCSB

Hey guys, I am looking into doing an 8" lift and 37s on my truck and I am wondering if you go that big do you want to do anything with the driveline or is it just fine being such a long wheel based truck. I posted this under the exterior discussion too but it doesnt get too much attention over there. Any input would be great! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 AM

Bump, im interested also, Since i should be doing my lift very very soon, either 8 or 10 inches.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:58 AM

I have a 03 F250 with a 8" fabtech lift and 40x15.5x22s. One issue you will run into is rubbing. Wheel spacers with fix some of the issues. You may still have some rubbing in the area near the bottom back of the wheel well and on the bottom of the bumper at the wheel well. And yes I'm running 40s but I have freinds with 37s and they have had the same problems.

Now for the drive train...I recommend you start using heavy duty U joints, you should not have any drive shaft angle problems. When you put the lift on check/replace your bearings. Take the truck to a shop that works on lifted trucks to get the alignment done, it's different on lifted trucks as the toe needs to be set different to compensate for wider larger tires. Under braking the wider larger tires will settle back causing steering problems while braking. Brakes....when its time to replace your pads next time, get rotors and pads for lifted trucks its a world of difference.

Good luck and enjoy.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 PM

Good deal, thanks for the info. With the lift that you put on did you go with a 4 link conversion? The kit I am looking at is a 4 link conversion. From what I hear the ride is a lot better with the 4 link and getting rid of the factory set up.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Thanks for the info! How much did those big meats kill your fuel mileage? I have 35's on now I wouldnt think it would be much different with another 2" of tire but who knows.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:03 PM

i just installed a 8" lift in my drivway a couple weeks ago. Things I ran into was having to fabricate some drpo brackets for my break lines up front, as well as a 3" extension for the bracket that the abs sensor mounts to on the passenger side.

I have some axel wrap now, nothing too major though.
I didn't notice it at the time, but my upper balljonts were blown on both sides. I wish I had taken care of those while I had all the tools out and the front end apart.

the 8" lift coils up front are a sweet ride. soo much better than the factory ones.

enjoy the lift! The extra height really sets it apart
Old 11-17-2011, 02:35 PM

HawaiiBake, what kit did you go with? I am looking at the rough country 8" 4 link kit that one goes for about 1500 with shocks.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ive had 5 lifted superduties, and I can tell ya if you really tow, you will want to skip the hassle and just have custom one piece driveline built. The two peice will have to be spaced down and aligned and will always still vibrate on takeoff due the design of the rubber donut (carrier bearing) mounting point between the two. One piece is the only way to totally eliminate all issues.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:39 PM

I dont tow too much with mine every once in a while but nothing crazy like that monster 5th wheel in your sig. Is the vibration only when you are towing or all the time with that kind of lift?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 PM

I just put an 8" lift w/37's on my 05' with a 4 link. The ride isn't much worse that stock... Jetjock15 is absolutely correct about the drive shaft, every time I take off from a stop, my truck vibrates for a second then smooths out... A 1 piece drive shaft is in my near future...You will definitely have to put the spacers to drop the carrier bearing... but it will still vibrate... The only time my tires rub is when I go up or down a curb too fast...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.