My New F-350 6.0L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My New F-350 6.0L

Hello Everybody!

Hello all the fellow Powerstroke people! I am 22 and Live way up in Northern Canada. I bought my 2005 F-350 Last year and hadnt really used it all that much, and a few months ago I decided to do some work to it. With your guyses helpful threads and posts, I was able to complete my egr delete, head gaskets, ARP studs, 5" exhaust, New Turbo ( Old one was leaking very badly), CCV mod, and various other little doo dads! I bought the truck for a mere 2500 cash, had 99k km. So, all in all, to do the work myself(in my driveway with no shop i might add )... and hunting for parts, i spent about 3000 bucks on my 6.0L redo! I just thought i'd post and give all you guys a thank you!

Safe Rippin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Welcome to the Org!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

welcome I'm located in saskatchewan fellow nuck
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also, The truck came with a BullyDog Triple Dog GT tuner... and i have read some not so good reviews on it.. I never take it out of Tow Mode which is stage 2 of 4. I also do not drive it like an indycar. I take care of my baby, in 10k km it has had 2 full services and it has a block heater and a Circulating Heater to keep it nice and warm, as I live in the northern most town in BC! I was quite nervous on purchasing the truck, But i figured for 2500 bucks it was a steal so i sunk my teeth into it, and now I love it after the mods and the problem area's taken care of!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Derek View Post
Hello Everybody!

Hello all the fellow Powerstroke people! I am 22 and Live way up in Northern Canada. I bought my 2005 F-350 Last year and hadnt really used it all that much, and a few months ago I decided to do some work to it. With your guyses helpful threads and posts, I was able to complete my egr delete, head gaskets, ARP studs, 5" exhaust, New Turbo ( Old one was leaking very badly), CCV mod, and various other little doo dads! I bought the truck for a mere 2500 cash, had 99k km. So, all in all, to do the work myself(in my driveway with no shop i might add )... and hunting for parts, i spent about 3000 bucks on my 6.0L redo! I just thought i'd post and give all you guys a thank you!

Safe Rippin.
Oooh, a Canuck thread. Ottawa here, soon moving across the province toward the Windsor area...
Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
But i figured for 2500 bucks it was a steal
That was a steal! I thought I was stealing my van from the previous owner after he had to pay out another $4K to the leasing company after he sold it to me, but I still spent almost four times as much as you...

How many miles were on it?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Also, The truck came with a BullyDog Triple Dog GT tuner... and i have read some not so good reviews on it.. I never take it out of Tow Mode which is stage 2 of 4. I also do not drive it like an indycar. I take care of my baby, in 10k km it has had 2 full services and it has a block heater and a Circulating Heater to keep it nice and warm, as I live in the northern most town in BC! I was quite nervous on purchasing the truck, But i figured for 2500 bucks it was a steal so i sunk my teeth into it, and now I love it after the mods and the problem area's taken care of!
I would say sell the bully dog and look into getting a SCT flash tuner w/custom tunes. The bully dog isn't nice to these trucks. Also regarding the turbo issue, get on er sometime and drive it like a race car.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

She had a fresh 99,500 ish on it! and I will look into the SCT with custom tunes, how does a guy go about the custom tunes part? and yes, Every now and again I stretch the ol girls legs, get them vanes good and clean!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

99,500 km I may add, not Miles.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
99,500 km I may add, not Miles.
Wow, you got a great deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.