This truck had a Bullydog Watchdog in it when it got it. I got an SCT X3 and IDP tunes last week while waiting for the CTS and EGT probe to arrive. Made a HUGE difference in power.
I drilled and tapped a hole for the EGT in the back of the manifold on the drivers side and I read both the Edge instuctions (very vague/10,000ft summar) and this thead that I found a link to on here (have to go to the second page of pics to see the EGT probe and instructions).
Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 2003-2007 6.0L Powerstroke
I liked his advice of not greasing the drill bits to keep everything dry so the hole could be vacuumed out afterwards especially since it was going in the bottom, lowest point. If it was greased the shavings would be sticky and not vacuum out. Plus filling the flutes with grease defeats their purpose. Most of the shavings fall straight down into your face since it's at the bottom and you are directly below it (wear safety glasses).
The couple of things I chaged is that I have a couple of small rare-earth magnets that I put on each side of the hole I was going to drill to hopefully catch as many shavings as possible and they did just that. I placed them 1/2" - 1" from the hole before I started. Once I was finished drilling, I drug them towards the hole to hopefully pull any shavings inside to the hole and then the magnet. I cleaned the shavings off both magnets and then drug them around the bottom of the manifold to try to catch some more. Then I vacuumed the hole very good, moving around, trying to vary the suction coming out of the hole as much as possible. Lastly, I have one of those small telescoping magnets that looks kind of like a pen. It was just small enough to fit inside the hole. I stuck it in and moved it around in all directions then pulled it out, cleaned a few shavings off of it and did it again. I repeated this process 4-5 times till it came out clean.
Then I tapped the hole and repeated these steps.
Installed the EGT fitting with some copper-based anti-sieze then the EGT probe itself, only tightening enough to hold it firmly in place.
Ran all of my wires, mounted the CTS via the windshield mount/suction cup it came with (seems to be pretty good quality). Everything works good and looks good. I wanted the dash pod, but I have a harley davidson edition with a dark grey dash and their pod is light gray.
Anyway it all worked without a hitch. Just wanted to share a couple of ideas on controlling the shavings.
2005 CCSB 4x4 6.0L Harley
8" ProComp lift, 20" Rockstars, 37" Nittos, Fox Reservoir Shocks, Dual Fox stabilizers, 2008 Tailgate with camera, 4" Straight Piped (no muffs, no kitties), Nerfs, Lights, X3 tuned by IDP, CTS, Optima Red Tops, Line-X, AutoPage