Need help quick with FPR kit part?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Need help quick with FPR kit part??

I have my truck all torn apart and after taking the old Fuel Pressure Regulator kit apart there is a piece in the NEW kit that wasnt in the old one that I took off.

Please let me know what this is and if it is even needed since it was not there before. I need to get this thing back together tonight.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That goes into the filter housing itself, where the fuel pressure regulator sits. I'm assuming you have the ford pressure regulator kit, 3c3z-9t517-ag? It comes with a little picture diagram that should have been in the bag.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmix View Post
That goes into the filter housing itself, where the fuel pressure regulator sits. I'm assuming you have the ford pressure regulator kit, 3c3z-9t517-ag? It comes with a little picture diagram that should have been in the bag.
Yes that is the kit I have and it did come with the diagram. The diagram shows it right behind the brass spring holder...sandwiched in between the brass holder and the actual fuel bowl..

There wasn't want on there when I took it off and it doesnt even look like it will fit. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Well I had an old 03 fuel filter housing sitting here that I just took apart and it had that black piece in the filter housing. If yours doesn't have it then I'd have to assume the later filter housings don't use it. Does that brass piece fit in there ok?

I don't have any other filter housings off newer trucks around or I'd look at one.....

If the brass piece looks the same I'd just reassemble it. Really the only part that's upgraded is the spring itself. It's just a harder spring.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

The brass piece fits in perfectly just as the old one came out. I was wondering the same thing if the newer ones don't have it. If it goes where I am thinking(between the brass piece and the fuel bowl) then there is no way it will fit. It prevents the new housing from going on all the way
Old 11-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Well the 03 filter housing definitely had the black plastic piece, but if there's no way yours did then I wouldn't sweat it. As long as the brass piece is the same as the one that came out of yours I'd slap it back together and let it eat!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Just did mine two weeks ago and same thing. If you look at your old pieces you'll notice that that same shape is cast right into the housing so for mine it was a spare part.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Good to know...Well just got it all buttoned up along with the new fuel pressure gauge..only problem now is that my truck is dead..the freakin alternator is going out AGAIN.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyguy209 View Post
Good to know...Well just got it all buttoned up along with the new fuel pressure gauge..only problem now is that my truck is dead..the freakin alternator is going out AGAIN.
That sucks. What's causing the truck to eat alternators?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Drivin the 6.mOney pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
That sucks. What's causing the truck to eat alternators?
Yeah I have no idea. This is the second one in like 10k miles. This last one was covered under warranty but they threw a reman on. I hate when the use reman parts instead of new. Can they find out why they keep going? I'm gonna have them replace it this last time under warranty just so I can get back on the road and then I'm ordering one of the heavy duty high output large case 6g alternators.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.