egr throttle plate and CFM small mouth, SCT Q? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
egr throttle plate and CFM small mouth, SCT Q?

ok so my late build 04 is a mess right now

first it has the EGR throttle plate, when the oil cooler was done i had a CFm small mouth put in (~3 months ago), well i guess the plastic is a bit thicker so on my way home today the screws pulled out of it, i tried retightening them ad the first few threads seemed stripped, easiest way i figure is for a tune only truck is to put back on the throttle plate (which had to be plugged in on top of the motor to keep the CEL off since no one seems to be able to keep it off in the tune.) well it took a tumble off the tool box and broke the sensor off the end im going to get new screws and see if i cant get it to stay on but where is the best place to get a new throttle plate and not get rapped by a dealer?

second, why is there so much oil in the intake when i took the CFM off?

third, my SCT wont communicate with my computer to upload new tunes, it keeps getting error messages, it powers on but the newest and old SCT program says "cannot communicate with device" (my truck is returned to stock) can i send it to SCT to have it looked at or should i just bank on a new one or am i doing something wrong?

cant help but think there was one more thing, but it time for beer now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The bolts for the throttle assembly to hold down the elbow are 6m X 1.0m, you can try and run a tap thru and clean up the thread, then use a longer bolt. Or if your careful, you can drill out the threads and go one size bigger on the tap,bolts, and elbow. Or, three of the elbow bolts can be drilled out bigger and use a nut and bolt to clamp it down, the forth bolt is a long one that goes to the throttle plate/intake.

Check the "for sale" section, I just gave one away to another member, but there was another member who had one also ( I think his name was drmerirer or something like that).

The oil is from the CCV allowing oil/mist into the IC system, you can do a search for "CCV mod", this will explain and give you ideas on what you want to modify (DIY or store bought).

For the SCT you might have to contact then to find out what's going on.

Last edited by Lilpooh; 11-14-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
thanks got the CFM back on there, trucks running stronger then ever, there wasnt even a gasket on the elbow when the guy installed it which left a bad taste in my mouth but i used some goo and it runs better then ever. still would like to put it back stock tho, less headaches

didnt know the cCV used that much oil
Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They are easy to strip out. I have 2 timeserts in mine. They are kind of like a helicoil.

++ TIME-SERT Threaded inserts for stripped threads, threaded inserts, thread repair stripped sparkplug's, Ford sparkplug blowouts, threaded inserts threaded, repair stripped threads, stripped threads, inserts threaded inserts, Ford spark plug repair,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.