Join Date: Apr 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I bought my 2004 Excursion (2003 6.0) when I was making a comfortable six figure income. It was, "is" my dream car. (ok maybe I do fantasize about a 12v Cummings with 600 HP in the EX)
My current income requires that I do all the maintenance on the vehicle myself. Also as a family we are traveling full-time and this vehicle has stranded us several times. When I have to do the "home study course via the internet on how to be a diesel mechanic" it seriously takes away from my ability to grow the businesses I have. The first time I do something it takes forever. The second time is a breeze.
I am wondering what else may be in store for me with this truck? Going between getting rid of it (now that it is running again) and keeping it forever now that I know how to fix most things.
3 kids, a large dog and a 1973 31' Airstream make this the ideal vehicle.
I still owe about 7500. 126,000 miles. Limited Edition.
Here is the trucks history.
1. a majority of the injectors have been replaced. Several done in an RV campground
2. previous owner replaced HPOP cover
3. I have deleted EGR and have new oil cooler.
4. Have replaced steering box a year ago. Feels sloppy again, after tightening/adjusting it.
5. replaced front and rear shocks.
6. ICP and IPR replaced.
7. replaced #8 exhaust rocker arm. (sounded like the engine had blown)
8. new degas bottle and cap.
9.FICM seems to be fine.
10. stock exhaust, air filter, no tuner.
11. pulling codes etc with android Torque app via blue tooth OBD2
12. need towing mirrors
13. I think I had front left ball joint replaced.
14. Vacuum lines/pump has a leak and pump won't shut off. Haven't tackled this one yet
15. rear window is shattered and needs to be replaced.
16. passenger seat leather is cracked.
17. Just solved HPO leak no warm start by replacing injector seal after tearing everything apart again.
18. Blue fule pressure spring upgrade done.
Open to suggestions
Last edited by steventothemax; 11-13-2011 at 01:26 PM.