Looking for new healights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking for new healights

I bought these eagle eyes ( F250 F350 F450 SUPERDUTY HEADLIGHT HEADLAMP LEFT NEW | eBay) off ebay and have since sealed them up so there is no more fogging issues. Anyways the lights that came with the eagle eyes are terrible and Im in the market for an upgrade. What do you guys recommend? I found these on pure diesel power what do you think and what else is out there. Thanks

Silverstar 880 Bulbs, Pair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 07:19 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
look around on ebay you can find DEPO replacements like I got for a good price for both. DEPO lights is a real nice product.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:20 PM

no the light inside the headlight
Old 11-12-2011, 07:20 PM

my bad, the bulb! details...
Old 11-12-2011, 07:22 PM

oops sorry my bad. I dont know about them never tried them before
Old 11-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Emergency Services

ddm tuning hids for headlights. plug and play set up is like $45 IIRC
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 PM

If you don't want to go to HID's the brightest Silverstar lights from AutoZone are pretty bright. I have them in mine and like them.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:31 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
dont waste your time with them silverstar 45 dollars lights, the little extra output isnt worth it. ddmtuning sells plug and play kits for 35w $45(usually for fogs) and 55w $55(for head lights). if you want hi/lo headlights its a little more but the first set i bought, i got hi and low and hid lights arent meant to be hi lo and the light output was no diff from low to high so now i get lights with low beam only so when u switch the highs on they shut off but these things are so bright u dont need highs. just make sure u aim the head lights down a little. i have ordered 6 sets from ddm tuning. 2 sets in my truck, one set in my dads 6.4, one set in my motorcycle, i put a set in my moms smart car, and a set in my buddies ranger. i love them and ddmtuning.com has a lifetime warranty but i havent had to send one pair back. if you want i can get some pics of the truck but here is my bike

Old 11-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
dont waste your time with them silverstar 45 dollars lights, the little extra output isnt worth it. ddmtuning sells plug and play kits for 35w $45(usually for fogs) and 55w $55(for head lights). if you want hi/lo headlights its a little more but the first set i bought, i got hi and low and hid lights arent meant to be hi lo and the light output was no diff from low to high so now i get lights with low beam only so when u switch the highs on they shut off but these things are so bright u dont need highs. just make sure u aim the head lights down a little. i have ordered 6 sets from ddm tuning. 2 sets in my truck, one set in my dads 6.4, one set in my motorcycle, i put a set in my moms smart car, and a set in my buddies ranger. i love them and ddmtuning.com has a lifetime warranty but i havent had to send one pair back. if you want i can get some pics of the truck but here is my bike

Just a FYI, in states that require "state inspections", some states require the vehicle's hi/lo beam to work in order to pass inspection.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bought the h13 plug and wired it into my HID harness so at inspection time I just screw regular bulb in and do inspection and then after HID back in saves so much time and was like 10 bucks for the pigtails... I saved money and didn't hi/lo option no need for it I can drive with just my fogs at night. I second aiming them down I was getting flashed in the day with my lights on at first install waiting for night time to aim down. I have them aim maybe a foot ahead of fog lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.