Finally flushed my coolant today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally flushed my coolant today

Well I finally had a day off so I was able to flush my coolant. Well technically I didnt have it off I went to work told my boss I sick of not having anydays off and havent had a full day off in weeks so he said I look sick and should go home but tomorrow I have to work on 3 Cell towers so I said deal.

I had the green coolant in my truck and when I flushed I couldnt believe how it looked. I was really expecting dirty coolant but it still came out green. It has some crap in it that kinda felt like mud with a little sand in it but not much. When I ran the VC9 through it the water came out brown flushed it all out and had nice clear water. The Fumoto valve with a 2 ft hose worked wonders it made it so much easier and less of a mess every drain. I should have taken some pics of what the coolant looked like first drain but it literally looked green maybe a tad dirty but nothing like what most people have. So I am assuming it was flushed at some point but never changed oil coolers.

Tried adding pic but it wont work my laptops hard drive is trashed and wont let me save pics then upload them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hope you put an ELC back in it.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:09 AM

I did picked it up at the cat dealer in town. Once new oil cooler goes in the coolant filter will go on.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legionxxii View Post
I did picked it up at the cat dealer in town. Once new oil cooler goes in the coolant filter will go on.
Hope you got the concentrate from the cat dealer because everyone that tried could only get the 50/50 mix and had to return it, just wanted to check with winter coming.
2 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.