Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

High idle mod time, few questions

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  trophy_23 
#1 ·
Like the title, I'm ready to save my truck from this wretched winter and do the mod. Does anyone have pics of the finished mod? Would I be using the BCP wire to keep the rpm at 1200 or do I use the SEIC wire so it can vary? I just assumed the BCP wire because I personally haven't heard a truck high idle around 1800-2400 rpm, that would be for emergency vehicles correct?
How does the BCP wire know to limit the rpm? Why couldn't Ford have installed this for us? :p

Anyways thats all I got. Thanks!

#4 ·
I don't have a switch on my high idle at all. I found a 12 volt source that is switched on with the key. I installed an inline fuse in the feed and connected it to the purple with a green stripe wire. Now, every time I set my e-brake, have the truck in park, and keep my foot off the regular brake, my high idle kicks in by itself.

#8 ·
I like the idea of the e brake being the switch, kinda seems pointless to have two switches. I was reading the write up in the 6.0 mod section, http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-mod-help/160574-engine-idle-mod-how-pics.html basically as i understand the write up your just connecting the the 2 wires together with a switch in the middle, couldn't you just connect the 2 wires so there always "on" then the e brake would be the only switch?

#5 ·
That sounds like a great idea NYC, but I'm a buttons and switches kind of guy :p thanks for the info folks

#7 ·
Im wanting to do this mod but was wondering, if i hook it up to my upfitter switch will i still need to apply parking break on my 05? Also in winter when my truck is cold it will high idle by itself (assuming factory as its done this since ive had it) and once it warms up it idles back down. Will this feature still work normal when upfitter switch is off?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#9 ·
Yes you need to still apply the parking brake. The truck will auto 'idle up' to about 1000 after 130 seconds I believe, the BCP high idle mod gives you the option of bumping it up to 1200 (or higher if it needs to). The auto 'idle up' will still work when the upfitter is off.

I like the idea of the e brake being the switch, kinda seems pointless to have two switches. I was reading the write up in the 6.0 mod section, http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/6-0...-how-pics.html basically as i understand the write up your just connecting the the 2 wires together with a switch in the middle, couldn't you just connect the 2 wires so there always "on" then the e brake would be the only switch?
I'm pretty sure that is what NYC is saying, he hooked the BCP wire a power source and then the only switch is the e-brake.

#13 ·
Omfg just put on my park brake and turned m
my upfitters on, I already have the high idle! Ahahaha!...

#14 ·
Bonus!! Something a previous owner installed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.