egr cooler delete question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
egr cooler delete question

ok names tom and ive been lurking around on this forum for a couple of months since getting my 07 supercab. Ive been having the dreaded no start when hot problem and from everything ive learned here id say that its a high pressure oil leak somewhere. Ive found a local diesel shop that will pressure test and pinpoint where the problem is and then ill take if from there. In the event that its a bad stc fitting or hpop i was thinking that as long as im in there id install an egr cooler delete. Funds and time at this point do not permit a new oil cooler or even a flushing of cooling system. Would it be of any benefit to just install the egr cooler delete as long as im in there if i cant follow it up with a flush and oil cooler replacement. Im looking to spend time and money wisely. Could my limited money be better spent on something else? My deltas at this time are currently within 10 degrees F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you don't mind taking the motor apart twice, then you should be good for awhile with a delta of 10*. Just keep an eye on your delta so it doesn't get out of hand.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
nevermind....
Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

so the question remains.... would there be any benefit to slapping on an egr delete as long as im in there to replace stc fitting if i cant at the same time replace oil cooler and flush coolant due to lack of time and funds??? ive currently got the egr valve turned off in my sct tune but im wanting to make the truck as reliable as possible within the limited monies available. would the money spent on an egr delete be better spent on say a free flowing turbo back exhaust just to help get some heat out of the motor?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yes I would go ahead with the EGR delete while you are working on it.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Serving Our Country!

yeah man....it's a GOOD time taking apart the top end......I did it twice b/c I did and EGR Bullerow proof replacement (delete will throw a constant engine light and I wanted to keep it legal in case of future resale)....
so yeah, do the delete while ur in there.....too bad on the oil cooler......you have it ready to go too after manifold's off.....and HPOP is in the back under turbo which has to come off too, so do STC fittings in HPOP if you can so you don't have to do it later

this coming from a non-mechanic who has done this several times on my 6.0
good luck man
Spike
Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 AM
Serving Our Country!

yeah do the delete i just finished mine last night its not that hard just takes a time i you do it your self plain on not have your truck for two days to be safe it took me a day but it was a full day haha
Old 11-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you have ever done this type of work on your truck, you will not want to do it twice.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

agreed.....and my dumbass did it two times already.....next time is cab-off for sure, headgaskets and ARP studs I am dreading, but working on top of the motor under the hood is a nightmare if you're bigger than a midget....haha
good luck again
Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Go on ebay and get an EGR delete with an up pipe. They're only like $150 and if you have the motor torn down that far you might as well take care of that problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.