First diesel and new to the site! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First diesel and new to the site!

Well it has been a couple months and I have to say that I definitely have the bug! I picked up a 2005 6.0 in August and have since added an MBRP turbo back, sinister coolant filter, revx, rotella T6, new trans fluid, changed all filters, head unit, and tint. I have been debating custom tunes for some time now and I just put in my order for them today. I talked with someone from IDP on the phone for a while and found them very helpful. I was thinking X street, street, and tow with braking. Any inputs on this? I will be DDing the truck and pulling loads under 10k sometimes. Although I have friends that DD on X street all the time, I am planning on doing studs, egr delte, etc. in a few months hopefully.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sounds like a great start!

I have the X race, street, and aggressive tow tunes from IDP . They run a little hot for me, but they do run well
Old 11-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get a monitor solution before you do anything else.
Things to consider about owning a 6.0L
Old 11-07-2011, 03:46 PM

I ran my scanner last week and the ECT/EOT stayed within 10 degrees of each other. My coolant filter has taken care of most of the particles in the system. Do I need to switch away from the Ford Gold or should I just wait until they replace everything when I get the studs done?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:41 PM

If you are at 10, I would wait. Get it all done at once so you do not clog the oil cooler durring the flush. Also get a monitor that is always in there checking everything
Old 11-08-2011, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250SixOH View Post
I ran my scanner last week and the ECT/EOT stayed within 10 degrees of each other. My coolant filter has taken care of most of the particles in the system. Do I need to switch away from the Ford Gold or should I just wait until they replace everything when I get the studs done?
Honestly, if you're not planning on big sticks or turbo anytime soon, I wouldn't waste the money on studs. Go with a Bulletproof kit and get rid of the problem children before they pop the HG's

And, with a coolant filter, I wouldn't waste the money on ELC
Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM

I wasn't quite expecting the $2200 price tag! I can get studs, egr delete, and new oil cooler installed for not much more than that. It just doesn't make sense to me to spend money on that kit when I am filtering the coolant already. If I put a new cooler in and egr delete when I do studs, there shouldn't be anything to clog up the cooler in theory correct? It seems like a lot of money for nothing IMO. I'm surprised that no one has come up with a cheap remote oil cooler kit yet. It can't be that hard or expensive to make one.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:00 AM

In theory, yes
Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 AM
information regurgitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250SixOH View Post
I'm surprised that no one has come up with a cheap remote oil cooler kit yet. It can't be that hard or expensive to make one.
Actually, since the flow rate of the engine can reach 18.5 GALLONS per minute, it is expensive to develop a system that will flow at that rate, not have serious pressure drop across the system and sufficiently cool the oil in all climates in all conditions. Not as easy (or cheap) as you might think. The BPD system is a bargain for what it delivers, how it is delivered and the peace of mind knowing that all of the engineering a lay-person wouldn't think about doing has been done.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:18 AM

For the next eight months or so I am a college student. Once I actually have some income (in this economy) I'll try and add that system to my list. It is a great system no doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.