Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2007 or 2008 PSD?

776 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bfrank81 
#1 ·
I currently have a 2007 6.0 but may have the opportunity to get a 2008 6.4 and keep my same payments exc...

Question is am I better suited with my 07 or would it be better to swap out for a 2008. Im looking for opinions on the benefits of keeping mine or switching to a 2008.

Thanks!

#3 ·
What is wrong with your 07?

Same payment? This deal has too good to be true written all over it. I hope this isn't a dealer taking advantage of you.

The 08s at least around here probably average 8k dollars more. Somtimes as much as 15k comparing equal trim levels.

The 6.4 is hardly bulletproof in comparison to the 6.0 and when they do have failures they are even more costly to repair.

#5 ·
Its a private seller. I like my 07. Just put 1300 into fixing the rear and now my tbc isn't working. I have edge insight in it now

He gets new trucks every couple years. Its in good shape. Im just trying to figure out if im better off with my 07 or would an 08 be better.

#6 ·
Keep the 07, esp if its closer to being paid off. Paid off trumpts everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.