Just Received My Oasis Report! Would love some help interpreting? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just Received My Oasis Report! Would love some help interpreting?

Hi Everyone, so I'm new to the forum as well as brand new to owning my first diesel truck. I bought a 2006 F-250 King Ranch CC LB PSD about 3 weeks ago, and I absolutely love it so far. I bought it with 113,000 miles on it and figured I would get Oasis report today to see what has been done in the past. My plan is to get an Edge Insight CS within the next few days to monitor vitals, and eventually do all the recommended upgrades when I get more cash.

I was really hoping there is someone out there that can help me interpret my oasis report and whether it sounds like it has a good or bad history. I'll list the miles next to each claim as well. Like I said, I'm at 113,000 right now. There are 5 total claims it was brought into Ford for.

1. DIAGNOSE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT - 7/7/08- 68217 MILES
TECH COMMENTS: EGR COKED , TURBO COKED

2. TRUCK TOWED IN . BLOWS WHITE SMOKE - 7/3/09 - 86334 MILES
TECH COMMENTS: PERFORM TSBS 090803B AND 090803F

3. TOWED IN C S VEHICLE WILL CRANK BUT WILL NOT TURN OVER CHECK AND ADVISE - 7/24/2009 - 86638 MILE
TECH COMMENTS: 86638 VEH CRANKS BUT WILL NOT START 0 VERIFIED CONCERN PERFORM QUICK TEST FOUND CODE P2291 FOR LOW ICP WHILE CRANKING. CHECKED OASIS FOUND TSB 081806 RELATING TO CONCERN. PERFORMED TSB AS OUTLINED. CHECKING DTCS AND ICP VOLTAGE. ICP GRAPH COMPARISON. PIN POINT TEST R, AIR PRESS TEST LABOR OF 081806C. REPL IPR VALVE . LABOR OF 081806B. PERFORM UNDER VALVE COVER LEAK TEST, INSPECT HIGH.

4. WONT START IF SITS FOR A WHILE WHEN COLD OUT, RUNS ROUGH, LACKS POWER - 03/09/10 - 99142 MILES
TECH COMMENTS: VERIFIED CONCERNS CRANK NO START TESTED BATTERIES LOW CHARGED BATTERIES STILL CRANK NO START CHECKED CODES ALL INJECTOR CIRCUIT CODES PO611 CRANK ENGINE MONITOR PIDS VERIFIED 48V MPOWER, UPDATED FICM PROGRAM RETEST FAILED CLEARED CODES RETEST REPLACED FICM RUNS WITH MISS INHANCED INJ TEST VERIFY 4 & 6 BELOW 40% BALANCE CHECK FUEL OIL AND FUEL PSI FUEL GOOD REPLACED 4 & 6 RUNS PROPERLY RETE

5. SEEMS TO OVERHEAT UNDER LOAD - 03/09/2010 - 99142 MILES
TECH COMMENTS: COOLING FAN CLUTCH BAD VERIFIED CONCERN MONITORED FAN SPEED WHILE ADJUSTING DUTY CYCLE AT IDLE FAN SPEED AT 138 RPM ENGINE 750 RPM. TESTED FAN CONTROL, CIRCUIT PASSED, R&R FAN, SHROUD, AND SECONDARY SHROUD. REPLACED FAN CLUTCH RECHECKED PIDS AT IDLE READING NORMAL TEST

Well, that's it. Like I said any help would be overwhelmingly appreciated!! Any advice in the direction I should head with repairs/upgrades based on the problems my truck has had in the past so far would be great too. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
information regurgitator

1: They cleaned the turbo and the EGR valve

2: The oil cooler and EGR cooler were replaced

3: Bad IPR valve

4: Replaced FICM

5:Replaced fan clutch

All fairly normal repairs.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM
Premium Member

Thanks a bunch! I guess it's good that those things were already done under warranty prior to me buying the vehicle since they are common failures and cost lots of cash to fix. Does this mean I should be good on my FICM for a long time now? It looks like it was done about year and a half ago. Also, of the most importance, since EGR cooler and Oil cooler were replaced ( and I'm assuming w/ upgraded part ) less than 30,000 miles ago, my question is this: Do I need to worry about deleting at this point or upgrading EGR cooler to say a Bulletproof diesel cooler?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Emergency Services

NYC beat me to the explanation!

The sooner you get the Insight the better.
The FICM "should" be good for a while but you just never know. With the Insight you'll be able to know if it's heading south long before it's a problem. You'll also be able to monitor your temps. As long as you're within 15* between the oil and coolant temp at 65 MPH on flat ground at normal operating temp (coolant at about 190*) you're fine to leave the coolers alone.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Premium Member

Awesome! That is great news. I am really glad a lot of this work was already done under warranty prior to me buying the truck. Thanks again
Old 11-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Premium Member

Since you have a new EGR cooler and oil cooler, might I suggest a coolant filter.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looks like a good truck. I agree with the coolant filter. A coolant filter and gauges should be anyone's first purchase.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Premium Member

I got my Oasis a while back and at the normal scheduled maintenance visits there's a note that says

SPECIAL OPERATING CONDITIONS SEVERE DUTY

Any idea what that means??
Old 11-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The underperforming injectors could probably be the root cause of the coking of the EGR and turbo.

You should consider a fuel pressure gauge to make sure there isn't an underlying issue that is damaging injectors.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Premium Member

Would fuel pressure be something I could monitor with the edge insight once I get that? Also, my report does show that 2 injectors were replaced correct ( I believe the 4 and 6) ? I guess thats good that they were already replaced. Lastly, how do I go about putting in a coolant filter? Is that something fairly easy to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.